16 Casper Ankergren
18 Gary Dicker
19 Michael Poke
22 Marcos Painter
25 Kazenga LuaLua
26 Liam Bridcutt
27 Mauricio Taricco
30 Will Buckley

From the official site. There they are then!

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Okay, opening myself up to all sorts of JCL-related abuse, but why don't we have a No.2?

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
So it looks as though we have 19 outfield first teamers if you add Bergkamp and Vincelot. With two (El Abd and Elphick) injured that leaves 17 to choose from> Seems a bit thin to me although I recognise one could add players such as Cook, Caskey, Kasim etc. Feels like we need couple more maybe.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I reckon team that started against Spurs will start tomorrow. Only possible change is Hoskins for Barnes and Noone/Buckley for Sparrow.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
So it looks as though we have 19 outfield first teamers if you add Bergkamp and Vincelot. With two (El Abd and Elphick) injured that leaves 17 to choose from> Seems a bit thin to me although I recognise one could add players such as Cook, Caskey, Kasim etc. Feels like we need couple more maybe.

How about the two new kids from Chelsea? Will they get a chance?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Okay, opening myself up to all sorts of JCL-related abuse, but why don't we have a No.2?

A lot of players like to stick with the same number they've had previously, and no-one had no.2 last season after Andrew Whig left, so it would have to be a new player, unless Calderon had wanted to change his number. Players are a superstitious bunch though, so he probably feels he's done well wearing no.14 and would like to leave it that way.

That then takes you to new signings, and no forward or midfielder is going to want no.2, so it's defenders we sign, and in truth we haven't signed many. Vincelot could take the number.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
You are right of course. They could well get a chance so maybe we are ok on numbers. I actually like the look of both of them from what I've seen of pre season. Rogers looks very composed on ball.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
You are right of course. They could well get a chance so maybe we are ok on numbers. I actually like the look of both of them from what I've seen of pre season. Rogers looks very composed on ball.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
A lot of players like to stick with the same number they've had previously, and no-one had no.2 last season after Andrew Whig left, so it would have to be a new player, unless Calderon had wanted to change his number. Players are a superstitious bunch though, so he probably feels he's done well wearing no.14 and would like to leave it that way.

That then takes you to new signings, and no forward or midfielder is going to want no.2, so it's defenders we sign, and in truth we haven't signed many. Vincelot could take the number.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here