Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squad numbers out today?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
At least it's earlier this year. Kayal played the Sevilla friendly wearing #28 last season and then changed to #7 afterwards, with a week to go before the season began.

Very disappointed Skalak has been given #8, his name was going to go on my Black away shirt for this season - but number 8? Not ideal. Sidwell should be 8 and Skalak should have #14, that would suit far better for my selfish purposes.

I wouldn't be in any rush to get Goldson 18 on a shirt either, if Stephens leaves before the season starts I wouldn't be surprised to see Goldson take #6.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Club release says Hunemeier has changed numbers but he was 4 last season as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pretty sure the club mentioned that squad numbers were not finalised when they launched the home and away shirts.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
1. Niki MAENPAA
2. BRUNO
3. Gaetan BONG
4. Uwe HUENEMEIER
5. Lewis DUNK
6. Dale STEPHENS
7. Beram KAYAL
8. Jiri SKALAK
9. Sam BALDOCK
10. Tomer HEMED
11. Anthony KNOCKAERT
13. David STOCKDALE
14. Steve SIDWELL
15. Jamie MURPHY
16. Casper ANKERGREN
17. Glenn MURRAY
18. Connor GOLDSON
19. Elvis MANU
20. Solomon MARCH
22. Danny HOLLA
23. Liam ROSENIOR
24. Rohan INCE
29. Richard TOWELL
30. Kazenga LUALUA

That's a decent 1-11 there.

I wonder when was the last time we lined up for a league or Cup match with 1-11 all playing?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
That's a decent 1-11 there.

I wonder when was the last time we lined up for a league or Cup match with 1-11 all playing?

I honestly don't think it's every happened because we generally have a player in the 1-11 who is long term injured, or we have someone with a higher number. Bobby for example, in the early Withdean days and the forever injured Darren Carr who had the number 5. Charlie Oatway was the number 10 and he missed quite a while after his ankle erupted. In the Amex era we've never had a left back who has worn #3, or a number 1-11 to compensate other than Mattock who wore number 2 for his loan spell. Otherwise we had Bridge wearing #28, Stephen Ward #17, Gaetan Bong last season wearing #12 and Joe Bennett who wore #30, and of course Calderon who wore 14. Now we have a goalkeeper who doesn't like wearing #1.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I haven't really been paying attention, so apologies if fixtures but....... I thought Danny Holla was being moved on.
Is that not the case now then?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I haven't really been paying attention, so apologies if fixtures but....... I thought Danny Holla was being moved on.
He has been told he can leave on a free transfer if he can find a club.

So far no club has taken him on so he stays with us.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
A lot like the Colunga situation last season, if he's still here at end of the August transfer window he'll have his contract paid up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here