up the downs
Jonathan Soriano
Spanish Striker plays for Red Bull Saltzberg
Top Scorer in Austrian Bundesliga
31 goal in 28 games
GET HIM IN.

Dec 29, 2011
i would send JFC out on loan next season

You're a ****ing boring **** aren't you. Giving people a thumbs down on a message board because you don't agree with their opinion? That's the whole point of a message board, to share opinions. I don't even know why people give you the time of day. This is a reference to Marshy's comment (#6) which is perfectly reasonable.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale

Bruno
{NEW}
Dunk
{NEW}

Ince
Kayal
Stephens

{NEW} / Tex
{NEW}
{NEW}

Subs:
Walton
Calderon ( new contract )
Greer
Crofts
Lus Lua
March
{NEW} (striker)

Squad:
Ankers ( new contract )
Rea
Chicksen
JFC
Holla
Baldock
OGrady / {NEW} ( if OGrady wants to leave )

6 NEW quality signings hopefully.

Think you've got most things right, but you're under-estimating both Baldock and O'Grady. They're more than squad players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We need to score more goals if we are to get promoted. The only player who has contributed successfully to our goal count is Dunk. Bournemouth have scored 82 so far this year; we have only hit 43. Our goals against are similar to top teams so we need to spend our money on the front 3/4 players including goal scoring wingers, attacking midfielders and strikers. Keep Kaz and replace all our other attacking players. We have no players anywhere near the top scorer lists - that has been our problem this year.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
We're going to need at least one centre-half; a left-back; a winger, at least one creative midfielder and 2 or 3 new strikers depending on who stays/goes. 6 new players is the very minimum requirement.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think you've got most things right, but you're under-estimating both Baldock and O'Grady. They're more than squad players.
Yes, I know. I found it hard to pick the subs from the squad, when in fact the dividing line is blurred anyway.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Without wanting to tempt fate, we look safe. I'm sure the majority of us have an eye next season. I believe the aim is to have a play-off pushing squad, so what adjustments to the squad would you like to see be made?

I'll go ahead and actually give a few names:

Chris Wood -Hasn't really worked out too well for him at Leicester and they have an array of strikers to choose, im sure we could tempt them into selling with a decent bid. He's played in this division before and has a impressive record. Strong Center forward who can play in a pair or lead the line on his own. Also still only twenty three.

Ben Pringle - Wide midfielder, Brilliant delivery and an excellent work rate. He's also very good at set pieces, we are definitely lacking in that area of the field and Pringle would be an excellent addition in my view.

Joe Bennett - sign him on a permanent basis. he's been decent enough this season whilst mostly playing in a ridiculous system under Sami. He's had a season here now and would slot in nicely if he signed on a permanent.

Chris Gunter. Welsh international right back with over 50 caps and has some premier league experience, his contract expires in the summer and i feel he would add more solidity in the four than Bruno currently dose.

And finally - Tom Lees, honestly have no idea about our budget for next season but this sort of signing would be a real sign of intent. Had a magnificent season at Sheffield Wednesday who have a brilliant defensive record. Might not come on the cheap but hopefully we will be spending some cash in summer, so who knows.

P.S Maybe try and get Tex back on loan, the boy is brilliant.

That would give us a starting 11 which looks something like this:

--------------------------Stockdale
----------Gunter----Lees-----Dunk-----Bennett
-----------------------------Ince
----------------Stephens---------Kayal
------Lualua------------------------------------Pringle
---------------------------Wood

That is a starting 11 of dreams, full of players who know this league inside out.

Bench to pick from: Walton, Rea, Calde, Greer, Crofts,JFC, Hughes, Holla, March, Tex, Baldock, COG,

Players to ship: Kemy, CMS, Casper, and the current loanees.

SAY WE ARE GOING UP...

Great analysis, just not convinced about Wood. He looked OK in our side during the promotion year when we created and scored goals for fun and walked the league but has never really pulled up trees then or since. Oh for another Ulloa (or Murray!).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Jonathan Soriano
Spanish Striker plays for Red Bull Saltzberg
Top Scorer in Austrian Bundesliga
31 goal in 28 games
GET HIM IN.
Very much so.

I suspect he is out of our price range, but we shall see.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
You're a ****ing boring **** aren't you. Giving people a thumbs down on a message board because you don't agree with their opinion? That's the whole point of a message board, to share opinions. I don't even know why people give you the time of day. This is a reference to Marshy's comment (#6) which is perfectly reasonable.
haha you make me laugh and go away and le

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
haha you make me laugh and go away and leave me alone I don't give a shit what you think of me

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
Agree with positions needed.

Bennett - Yes, if he will come!

Gunter is a good shout for RB.

Hughton loves Seb Bassong, Norwich look really solid now he is back in the team. If they stay in the Champo, Chris could try to temp him? He must be nearing the end of his contract.

We need a couple of wingers. I have heard Max Gradel wants to come back to England, and is out of contract in the summer - would be an excellent though fantasy inclusion...

Striker, I would like us to chuck stupid money at Preston for Joe Garner. But I think he too may be out of contract in the summer!

Stockdale
Gunter - Bassong - Dunk - Bennett
Stephens - Ince - Kayal
Gradel - Garner - LuaLua

Nice.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here