Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs vs Ajax

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No, not at all, as far as results go, but I think there is nicer football to be seen elsewhere.

Well, there's still a chance of having 4 english clubs in both of the European finals next month. So its not TOO shabby to be fair.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I was at the Ajax 6 - 0 VVV Venlo game in February with some Dutch mates. Me & my English mate laughed at seeing Blind & Tadic in the starting eleven.

Why would you laugh at Tadic being in the starting 11? He was quality for Southampton, and clearly way too good for them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Am I the only person in the world who sees Dele Alli as the biggest waste of space to play for any of the big clubs for many years? He’s a total lightweight who bottles all the big moments, doesn’t have any notable talent or skill to justify a place and plays like a total poser. I just don’t get it. Never have, never will. I don’t support Spurs so it doesn’t bother me but I genuinely feel like I must be crazy as where I see a completely useless player every pundit out there seems to say he’s a class act who offers more than almost anyone to this Spurs team.

He's not completely useless - his record backs that up - however I do agree that he seems a bottler who really doesn't look that arsed a fair amount of the time.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Why would you laugh at Tadic being in the starting 11? He was quality for Southampton, and clearly way too good for them.

You’re absolutely right. On reflection it was boozy arrogance influenced by the fact that the Eridivisie is a bit of a pub league but for a few major players, and with a few beers in us we joked about their EPL rejects and relatively unknown squad. They won 6-0 with six goal scorers. Tadic plays very well with very good players around him.

That was 4 days before the home match against Real Madrid, which Ajax should’ve won, followed by the massive away victory. We all sat up then. I love being proven wrong. It happens a lot cos I mostly don’t know what I’m on about. In this case this young team, with fire in their bellies, truly look like they could prove a lot of folk wrong. Best of luck to them. I’d love them to be champions of Europe.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do Ajax “scour” the leagues for their players?

Sorry I’ll get my coat as 90% of you won’t have a clue what I’m on about.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Am I the only person in the world who sees Dele Alli as the biggest waste of space to play for any of the big clubs for many years? He’s a total lightweight who bottles all the big moments, doesn’t have any notable talent or skill to justify a place and plays like a total poser. I just don’t get it. Never have, never will. I don’t support Spurs so it doesn’t bother me but I genuinely feel like I must be crazy as where I see a completely useless player every pundit out there seems to say he’s a class act who offers more than almost anyone to this Spurs team.
His record of 18 PL goals from midfield at the age of 21 a few years back hinted at a pretty huge goalscoring talent (and who could forget that one at Selhurst Park the year before?).

However, I'm sort of in agreement that if he's not arriving late in the box, as is his most notable attribute - and his goals record has been on the decline since the aforementioned 16/17 - I don't really see what else he offers at the highest level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here