Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs v Brighton 1977/78 great away kit

el punal

very dodgey,especially with the old man in tow

48k that day,must be one of the highest league attendances with played in

guessing we've had more at old trafford,don't know about anfield?

remember spurs getting 59k against man utd

I really don't know how they got them all in,it was packed for us

That was a season and a half. I cannot remember so many London/South East clubs being in the same division at one time:

Us, Palace, Charlton, Millwall, Spurs, Orient, Fulham, Luton and, if you count them as local, Southampton. A real derby fest!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
That was a season and a half. I cannot remember so many London/South East clubs being in the same division at one time:

Us, Palace, Charlton, Millwall, Spurs, Orient, Fulham, Luton and, if you count them as local, Southampton. A real derby fest!

certainly was,first time I'd encountered saints fans,didn't know they were so naughty

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I can still remember to this day the shear terror of trying getting away from white hart lane after that match.

One of the scariest days of my life.

Every time I hear Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty on the radio it reminds of that day :eek: Big hit at the time

we got stuck in a small pen just behind the goal and thought we were OK but then discovered that those Albion supporters were actually milwall
and with the help of a double line of the old bill managed to get into the right pen.
you are right we all hid our scarves when were walking to the train.
two of the guys I went with have since passed away both younger than me
a good game by Clarke we were well impressed

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
That's the one. He knew how to entertain and ref. A rare combination!

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
I can still remember to this day the shear terror of trying getting away from white hart lane after that match.

One of the scariest days of my life.

Every time I hear Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty on the radio it reminds of that day :eek: Big hit at the time

fricking mental that day 48,000 at the lane and segregation flimsy at best???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here