Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Crap

Votes: 29 78.4%

• Total voters

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Thought this was an interesting one that will probably divide opinion to an extent.

No getting away from the fact it's very American/Coldplay concert and I know a lot of people won't like it, but I actually think it's quite good. Certainly better than the cringeworthy crap we have pre-match IMO.

From what I gather, you download an app, hold your phone up and the light sequence goes in time with the music. I think Villa did the same thing for their game v Newcastle this week, so presumably the company selling it had a deal on or something.

It would obviously only work for evening kick offs and it obviously looks better in their ground than it would ours, but what does NSC think on the whole? Good or crap?

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Admittedly, I’m someone who likes brass bands - and even operatic singing of GOSBTS - but that is a skipfull of overblown poo.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Doesn't look bad although a bit gimmicky. It's certainly a million times better than our cringeworthy 'Fans Zone'. I do quite like our flame throwers though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Crap, for years we managed without all this American shite flame throwers wtf do they add. On occasion a decent atmosphere has got going and it’s drowned out by blaring music pre kick off.
When was this?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Would letting an atmosphere build organically during pre match work anymore? It was part of the pre match entertainment years ago as rival fans taunted each other with bawdy songs and humourous chanting. Arsenal getting a raucous rendition of ’You’re just a bunch of wankers’ as the north end of the east was opened up to them at The Goldstone. Away at Stoke end of season, our end opening up with ‘We’re from a town full of homosexuals!’. Much more fun than twirling scarves to Ring of Fire in my view.

But these days about half the crowd are still getting hand pulled pork baguettes along with a Harvey’s Xmas Porter at the bar ten minutes before kick off. Sigh……….

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
But these days about half the crowd are still getting hand pulled pork baguettes along with a Harvey’s Xmas Porter at the bar ten minutes before kick off. Sigh……….

Which stand has hand pulled pork baguettes?? Sounds better than the burgers in the east.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Agree with comments mentioning the older more organic nature of football atmosphere. It's frustrating on occasions like a big European night, when people are in seats early as they are genuinely excited, that any crowd noise is diminished and then peters away with the overbearing nonsense of the lights/flares, dreadfully loud music etc etc. The anticipation and noise before a big game was once one of the best things about match day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Tottenham Hotspur is basically the Tesla of football stadiums!!

IMG_0829.jpeg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wonder how long it will be before the god awful ‘kiss cam’ or similar is given a go

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Wonder how long it will be before the god awful ‘kiss cam’ or similar is given a go
wouldnt want this but the american 'lookalike' cam is pretty good

For those who dont know, they put a photo of someone famous or a cartoon up on the screen then transition to a screenshot of someone in the crowd who looks like them (usually taking the pi$$ a bit, so can be quite funny)

el punal

Doesn't look bad although a bit gimmicky. It's certainly a million times better than our cringeworthy 'Fans Zone'. I do quite like our flame throwers though.
The Wolves (away) flame throwers were useful last season. I may have had singed eyebrows but they warmed the rest of me up. :lolol:

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I thought I was going to hate it however I think it worked well with the Prodigy track, but then was soon boring.

I don't understand the purpose of these flaming pre match displays.
They certainly won't be there to add value to your ticket.
Both sets of fans will be "hyped up" by the sights and sounds.

Where does the club profit?
Though I wouldn't be shocked to find T Bloom and P Barber listed at Companies House as Directors of Fiery Visual Displays r us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here