Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs Owner

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe, but surely the “fit and proper” test should apply on a continuous basis, not just at acquisition?
Well, the charges were only made on 25th July 2023.

Joe Lewis ceased to be a "Person with significant control" of Spurs in October 2022 - some time before the charges were made.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who would rather own BHAFC, assuming you’re not comfortable with TB owning us since he’s ’corrupt and morally repulsuve’?
Do you have proof Tony is a billionaire? I thought it was more speculation than proven.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you have proof Tony is a billionaire? I thought it was more speculation than proven.

The Sunday Times and Forbes guesstimate, no way do they know the market value of private companies, knowledge of properties held overseas, funds under wealth management or assets in trusts. TB is particularly private and impossible to pin down.

It’s an educated guess, based on him being able to find c. £450m in hard cash alone to inject into his love the Albion.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Sunday Times and Forbes guesstimate, no way do they know the market value of private companies, knowledge of properties held overseas, funds under wealth management or assets in trusts. TB is particularly private and impossible to pin down.

It’s an educated guess, based on him being able to find c. £450m in hard cash alone to inject into his love the Albion.
Yep, know all this. Which is why I said yes to the baited bear trap that poster lay thinking he’d catch me out. Really though I’d already spotted it miles off and so effectively left a little note and drawing in the centre of it, still unsprung, before then nonchalantly moving on. Bit like the one on the wall in the bank at the end of Kelly’s Heroes when the General realises he’s already been beaten to the gold basically…:)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No, I don’t have proof he is, any more than you have proof he isn’t. The speculation you refer to includes multiple references in the print media. We also have proof that he’s invested roughly half a billion in the Albion, which he pretty much owns outright. There’s more circumstantial evidence pointing to him being a Billionaire than there is suggesting that he’s not.

What is your position on Tony’s ownership of the Albion? Does it change if he’s worth £900m or if he’s worth £1.1bn?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, I don’t have proof he is, any more than you have proof he isn’t. The speculation you refer to includes multiple references in the print media. We also have proof that he’s invested roughly half a billion in the Albion, which he pretty much owns outright. There’s more circumstantial evidence pointing to him being a Billionaire than there is suggesting that he’s not.

What is your position on Tony’s ownership of the Albion? Does it change if he’s worth £900m or if he’s worth £1.1bn?
The burden of proof is on you though not me. But anyway all you wanted to do is point score rather pathetically. I’m sure even IF he is many can make a case for it being morally corrupt having that much money and still like someone. The point is about Joe Lewis, and a general one at that. Not need to get your pendant pants in a twist about because of Tony who is above all criticism, being perfect and all that :)

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And the last two paras suggest he won't even go to prison for it (plea bargain malarkey stuff). White collar fraud and theft eh... hardly worth bothering about.. let's go after the little guys who steal and can't afford top lawyers.
Orrrrr..........

Go after the little guys who DON'T steal but run quiet little post offices, investigate them, stitch them up, prosecute them and stick them in prison.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What a rotten human being. A multi-billionaire and yet he is guilty of insider dealing for a few million, why bother? That to me shows someone who just wants to break the system in any way, a cheat for the sake of being a cheat. Basically a dishonest person to the core. I hope they start to look into how he became a billionaire next.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What a rotten human being. A multi-billionaire and yet he is guilty of insider dealing for a few million, why bother? That to me shows someone who just wants to break the system in any way, a cheat for the sake of being a cheat. Basically a dishonest person to the core. I hope they start to look into how he became a billionaire next.
bit strong. he's given info to people around him so they could make some money. they buy some shares or more likely options, nick some profit off the market.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The burden of proof is on you though not me. But anyway all you wanted to do is point score rather pathetically. I’m sure even IF he is many can make a case for it being morally corrupt having that much money and still like someone. The point is about Joe Lewis, and a general one at that. Not need to get your pendant pants in a twist about because of Tony who is above all criticism, being perfect and all that :)
Your assessment of my motive is incorrect. It was instead to attempt to point out that it’s very rarely a good idea to generalise about a group of people.

Regarding Tony, if you look at my posting history you’ll see plenty of cases where I’ve criticised the club and therefore by implication Tony. However, I choose to believe, based on a mountain of evidence, that Tony is not corrupt.

‘Pendant pants’? Firstly, what are they? Did you mean pedant? Secondly, I fear it is you that is ‘point scoring pathetically’.

I’m done with this conversation; it’ll be easier for me to maintain objectivity.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Your assessment of my motive is incorrect. It was instead to attempt to point out that it’s very rarely a good idea to generalise about a group of people.

Regarding Tony, if you look at my posting history you’ll see plenty of cases where I’ve criticised the club and therefore by implication Tony. However, I choose to believe, based on a mountain of evidence, that Tony is not corrupt.

‘Pendant pants’? Firstly, what are they? Did you mean pedant? Secondly, I fear it is you that is ‘point scoring pathetically’.

I’m done with this conversation; it’ll be easier for me to maintain objectivity.
:flounce:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
This forum is becoming more like a courtroom everyday with " prove this , "prove that" and "where,s your evidence"...FFS.

It used to be a forum where posters predominantly posted their quick reply opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here