Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs loss - has that game made you more or less confident that we will stay up?

How did the Spurs loss/performance make you feel about our chances of staying up?

• MORE confident - you idiot, it was superb, backs to the wall stuff

Votes: 132 63.8%
  • LESS confident - you prat, it’s another loss and another game without scoring!

Votes: 75 36.2%

• Total voters

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Newcastle is an absolute must win. Cannot assume that Cardiff will get anything less than 6 points as they are the ones who have the momentum. If Cardiff lose on Saturday then we are 75% safe. If they win and we lose then I don't see where any more points are going to come from. Cardiff at home to Palace.. a Cardiff win and they stay up and we go down I would suggest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm comfortably realistic Trig.
You're not. You've run out of happy pills and the darkness has descended. The team morale will be ok at the moment. The aim this season was to finish 17th or higher - at the moment, we're just on course for that. It's also silly to pretend we have zero chance of scoring against Newcastle.

I fancy Cardiff to get a result at Fulham and then Palace to stitch us up.
I too am worried about Cardiff getting a result against Fulham, but Fulham are actually the favourites for that, so if we're being realistic, Cardiff probably won't win it. That means we only need a point against Newcastle to stay ahead, even if Cardiff do beat Palace.

You're in full panic mode. I can fully empathise with that, I'm worried too. But let's not pretend that relegation is some sort of certainty.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You're not. You've run out of happy pills and the darkness has descended. The team morale will be ok at the moment. The aim this season was to finish 17th or higher - at the moment, we're just on course for that. It's also silly to pretend we have zero chance of scoring against Newcastle.

I too am worried about Cardiff getting a result against Fulham, but Fulham are actually the favourites for that, so if we're being realistic, Cardiff probably won't win it. That means we only need a point against Newcastle to stay ahead, even if Cardiff do beat Palace.

You're in full panic mode. I can fully empathise with that, I'm worried too. But let's not pretend that relegation is some sort of certainty.

We have to assume no points from the last two games. That brings it down to a game against Newcastle who are in form. We're not. I never bet on or against us but I'd stake a lot of money on us going down as a compensation bet if it didn't make me feel dirty.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have to assume no points from the last two games. That brings it down to a game against Newcastle who are in form. We're not. I never bet on or against us but I'd stake a lot of money on us going down as a compensation bet if it didn't make me feel dirty.
You could (if you felt like it) try and appreciate that that's how you feel, but not necessarily the reality. Newcastle are (nearly) 3-1 to beat us. I'm not saying they won't, they very well might, but the market says they won't.

Also, we play Arsenal in the middle of their Europa semis. I'd imagine we had more chance of a point there than we had last night.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I wanted to write most of what you have in your post but have become so apathetic this season I couldn't be bothered.

It could be very toxic after the final whistle at The Amex on Saturday. I'm going but really not looking forward to it.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Was forced to sub him early, obviously didn’t want Murray anywhere near spurs as saving him for Saturday

Probably annoyed with Adone for forcing his hand being on a yellow and not cooling it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Less.

No more goals.

No more points.

[emoji853][emoji852][emoji45]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was forced to sub him early, obviously didn’t want Murray anywhere near spurs as saving him for Saturday

Probably annoyed with Adone for forcing his hand being on a yellow and not cooling it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be alone here but I’d much rather Andone as starter over Murray. Andone’s little hissy fit at being subbed may make him miss out altogether on Saturday though.

Playing Murray shows zero intent, just a rather desperate bit of hope. Past his sell by date now imo.

In fact I’d rather Locadia upfront by some margin if Andone is dropped.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
I might be alone here but I’d much rather Andone as starter over Murray. Andone’s little hissy fit at being subbed may make him miss out altogether on Saturday though.

Playing Murray shows zero intent, just a rather desperate bit of hope. Past his sell by date now imo.

In fact I’d rather Locadia upfront by some margin if Andone is dropped.

Playing Murray shows 100% intent to use him to head out those crosses into our box

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Playing Murray shows 100% intent to use him to head out those crosses into our box

Exactly, it’s a very negative choice in a must win game UNLESS we are intending to play wingers as wingers and trust the full backs to do their job on their own. In which case I’d be very happy with it. As a lone striker on his own upfront dragged back to defend for most of the game it’s a no from me.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
More confident but I was confident about us getting a result against Bournemouth - shows how much I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here