spurs have screwed us

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
Not sure if this has been discussed already but spurs have screwed us. Heres the facts, as part of the transfer window rules no player can move for a cash sum during the window if they have been at the selling club for less than 12 months. So to avoid this spurs terminated zamoras contract by mutual consent and 2 minutes later he signed for west ham and defoe for spurs. So essentially zamoras value was zero, so charlton can expext 15% of the 7 million and we get nothing. But as west ham allready rejected an 8 million bid from arsenal they are allready suggesting zamora was worth at least 1 million as part of the deal. Yet again the clubs have screwed the fa this has got to F**king stop.:angry: :angry: :censored:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We only stood to get anything from the sell-on clause if BZ was sold for more than £1.5m.

Even the most wild optimist would suggest that his value has gone up in the past six months.

I don't think we have been 'screwed'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
C'est la vie - bigger boys have more clout

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
Titanic said:
We only stood to get anything from the sell-on clause if BZ was sold for more than £1.5m.

Even the most wild optimist would suggest that his value has gone up in the past six months.

I don't think we have been 'screwed'.

I accept that but the fact is that west ham and spurs have blatantly bent the rules, part of the reason that players cant move twice in one season is to protect the smaller clubs and promote stability, had zamora stayed 12 months whos too say he wouldnt have got his chance and his value would have improved. In theory once his contract was terminated zamora could have said sorry i dont fancy west ham, and he would have been afree agent and could of gone anywhere, that would have really made me laugh.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The only people who were screwed were Spurs for paying £ 1 500 000 in the first place :clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Spurs screwed Peterborough over Matthew Etherington as well, par for the course I'm afraid.

Though in our case I can't actually see how we can possibly argue that Bobby's value would have increased in the time he was at Spurs.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I assume the sell on clause died once this deal was done?. Always good to have benefit of hindsight but I think we all hoped there would be a windfall sometime in the future as BZ furthered his career.

How comes when it comes to sell on clauses we always end up paying whilst other teams manage to pay nothing or negotiate reduced terms.

Is DK a soft touch?

If anything its West Am we should be questioning here. THPLC were quite prepared to let Zamora go to West Ham ON LOAN as part of the Defoe deal but Pardew wanted a like for like replacement on a permanent deal (to protect his back more than anything else "I would not have fancied sitting here next to a left back" was the quote he gave yesterday.

And so Pleat offloads his most underused and least likely striker to get his grubby mits on Defoe

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Spurs haven't screwed us. BZ isn't worth any more than when we sold him. If we'd wanted his value to rise, we should have sold him to a club where he would actually get some starts under his belt. Then again, it appears that no-other club came forward so that's that.

THE SELL ON CLAUSE GOES WITH ZAMORA....REMEMBER BRISTOL ALSO HAVE A STAKE IN HIM

LC:jester:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Calling said:
THE SELL ON CLAUSE GOES WITH ZAMORA....REMEMBER BRISTOL ALSO HAVE A STAKE IN HIM

LC:jester:

Not any more. He's been offloaded by Spurs, so unless Spurs ever profit from BZ there is no more money coming our way (or B Rovers). And Spurs won't profit from him because it's not been negotiated in that swap deal...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
eiregull said:
Not sure if this has been discussed already but spurs have screwed us. Heres the facts, as part of the transfer window rules no player can move for a cash sum during the window if they have been at the selling club for less than 12 months. So to avoid this spurs terminated zamoras contract by mutual consent and 2 minutes later he signed for west ham and defoe for spurs. So essentially zamoras value was zero, so charlton can expext 15% of the 7 million and we get nothing. But as west ham allready rejected an 8 million bid from arsenal they are allready suggesting zamora was worth at least 1 million as part of the deal. Yet again the clubs have screwed the fa this has got to F**king stop.:angry: :angry: :censored:

Rubbish mate. Bobby wasn't ready for the Premiership - fact. How can his value have increased from £1.5 mill?

As supporters we've gotta move on. Christ, half this board will still be quibbling when Bobby's 36 and moving from Bournemouth to Yeovil about how much of the 20,000 Euros fee we're entitled to...

:(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports