Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who is missing from their strongest side tonight? Looks reasonably close to me. They seem to count everyone in these numbers.

I would argue it looks like we will be missing 5/6 first choice players if we play on Sunday. Leics close to full strength tonight.

Yep - Dunk, Duffy, Welbeck, Webster, Trossard (?), Lallana (?) plus Sarmiento and Alzate from the first team squad at least

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I need to apologise as I started this thread, perhaps a little early, what happened is that a family friend son is on the books at Spurs, due to their Covid situation it was likely that he would be called up to the first team squad for Sunday, he was told this, Late last night he was informed that training was suspended due to having to close the training centre, and the game on Sunday was postponed. They were already aware that the game that was tonight had been cancelled by the club. Apparently Spurs only informed Euafa today.

As far as he knows Sunday is still off, but it's not been made official.

I apologise for jumping the gun on this. What does seem odd is that Spurs were saying yesterday that tonight's game had been postponed but it wasn't made official until 10am this morning.

Once again sorry.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Are we waiting on further Spurs testing? If not surely a decision should have been made by now

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
which is fine as is a milder strain

This is flawed.

1. It's not confirmed yet whether or not it's milder. Keep in mind that South Africa has a far younger population and Covid has always been milder in younger people (on average). However: South Africa has seen a spike in hospital admissions even in the younger age groups.
2. Even *if* it's milder, it appears to be more transmissible.
3. It is not the relative number of hospital admissions that places strain on the NHS, it is the absolute number.

So ... even if Omicron is milder than Delta, if it spreads like wildfire we could very easily still see the NHS put under incredible strain yet again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They think it's all over

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I need to apologise as I started this thread, perhaps a little early, what happened is that a family friend son is on the books at Spurs, due to their Covid situation it was likely that he would be called up to the first team squad for Sunday, he was told this, Late last night he was informed that training was suspended due to having to close the training centre, and the game on Sunday was postponed. They were already aware that the game that was tonight had been cancelled by the club. Apparently Spurs only informed Euafa today.

As far as he knows Sunday is still off, but it's not been made official.

I apologise for jumping the gun on this. What does seem odd is that Spurs were saying yesterday that tonight's game had been postponed but it wasn't made official until 10am this morning.

Once again sorry.

You called it right.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Sky confirm it’s postponed.
Not the end of the world. Even someone like me who finds F1 boring will watch the race. And it presents a chance to get some of our players fit.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can gain some much needed brownie points by helping the missus with getting everything sorted dor Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here