Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Why do Spurs want the games off with an already hectic fixture list?

What if a Spurs player infects a Brighton player and takes out half the squad?

That’s what PCR testing is for.

This stinks. It could get interesting, it appears that Spurs have NOT got agreement from UEFA to postpone. Rennes had already landed in London and are not happy.
UEFA could kick Spurs out.
Spurs had to win tomorrow to progress, the fixture must be played before 31st Dec, exactly when is this going to be rearranged for? So you have 8 first team out, still got 17 others and an U23 squad. It stinks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

This stinks. It could get interesting, it appears that Spurs have NOT got agreement from UEFA to postpone. Rennes had already landed in London and are not happy.
Spurs had to win tomorrow to progress, the fixture must be played before 31st Dec, exactly when is this going to be rearranged for? So you have 8 first team out, still got 17 others and an U23 squad. It stinks.

8pm Boxing Day?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

If Spurs had been given the points for the two games last season (for less affected players) I would agree

That proves my point, why would Spurs want to postpone games?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If Spurs had been given the points for the two games last season (for less affected players) I would agree

That proves my point, why would Spurs want to postpone games?

If they have to play it before the 31st, when will they play it, presumably they can’t play on the weekend with us playing them, they can’t play next midweek, as they have Leicester midweek, a weekend game, then league cup just before Christmas, followed by the Christmas fixtures. Surely they don’t want the embarrassment of a forefit

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

They might end up having to play two matches (with different squads, including some fringe players and U23s, obviously) on the same day.

Poor wee lambs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

If the game is postponed, they could adjust to Vitesses result and I dont think UEFA are going to allow it. 3-0 loss on WO probably.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If they have to play it before the 31st, when will they play it, presumably they can’t play on the weekend with us playing them, they can’t play next midweek, as they have Leicester midweek, a weekend game, then league cup just before Christmas, followed by the Christmas fixtures. Surely they don’t want the embarrassment of a forefit

Would UEFA not trump the PL and the game gets played when UEFA say, with any game in PL and French League just postponed to accommodate.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Would UEFA not trump the PL and the game gets played when UEFA say, with any game in PL and French League just postponed to accommodate.

Not sure, I can’t see anyone being happy with a PL game moved at short notice for the Euro JPT, I reckon it’ll be a Rennes walkover personally

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Two different squads I imagine/Thursday after the west ham game maybe? 2 games in 2 days could just about work.

Or the Friday afternoon ?

Commons sense would see it played in the new year - but I think it will end up being forfitted.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Spurs cannot call Sunday’s game off, only the EPL can do that.
8 players from a 25 man squad still leaves 17 senior players. Play the bloody match.

only if son is one of the of the sicknotes

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rennes:

Following the press release published by Tottenham at 9 p.m. this Wednesday, Stade Rennais FC would like to clarify the following facts. In a video conference at 7.45 p.m. between representatives of UEFA, Tottenham and SRFC, the Spurs director of football announced their intention not to play the UEFA Europa Conference League game. Unilateral decision which has not been confirmed by UEFA in any way.

As the match is not officially called off by UEFA, Stade Rennais has stuck to its decision to play the game.

[Spurs' representative] did not announce the number of players with Covid, even though the rule states the match must be played if the team has 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper. They claimed a decision from the English authorities, without providing any official documents.

This lack of fair play is all the more flagrant given that Tottenham confirmed by mail early this afternoon that the match would be held, before informing Rennes of their intention not to play right after [the team] landed at London City Airport.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Rennes:

Following the press release published by Tottenham at 9 p.m. this Wednesday, Stade Rennais FC would like to clarify the following facts. In a video conference at 7.45 p.m. between representatives of UEFA, Tottenham and SRFC, the Spurs director of football announced their intention not to play the UEFA Europa Conference League game. Unilateral decision which has not been confirmed by UEFA in any way.

As the match is not officially called off by UEFA, Stade Rennais has stuck to its decision to play the game.

[Spurs' representative] did not announce the number of players with Covid, even though the rule states the match must be played if the team has 13 outfield players and a goalkeeper. They claimed a decision from the English authorities, without providing any official documents.

This lack of fair play is all the more flagrant given that Tottenham confirmed by mail early this afternoon that the match would be held, before informing Rennes of their intention not to play right after [the team] landed at London City Airport.

I see what they did there. Surely a lack of ‘respect’ too.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I belueve a PL game last season was called off 4 hours before KO surely thats something we can all agree needs to be avoided. Cant see tye Police being happy with loads of Rottenham fans in the City and no match to contain them al.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20211209-021648_Scores.jpg
Still on, as of 02.18 this morning....

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Why can’t the other 17 players train? Why close the entire training centre and not just deep clean it? Like most major offices in the city do every day. Because they WANT these matches called off. **** them, play it.

What? No company would keep office open when a huge portion have got covid from there. Well only really dumb companies.

Sports health minister also ordered it to be closed.

It should follow NFL. If the players who have it are unvaccined then match is void and we get the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here