Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs fan and broadcaster claims Romano normalises abusers and Saudi

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
She’s 100% correct.

You only have to look at the responses to that thread to see the tons of people that enable this to carry on.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I disagree with her, despite my disdain for Greenwood and his actions, and those involved in employing him.

Romano is, in essence, a journalist reporting news. Should every journalist editorialise and make moral/value judgements on the news they report? I say no. He could have chosen to ignore it and not report, but this would then draw accusations of censorship.

Edit: if, as stated below, he's been going beyond mere reporting, then disregard the above and I agree he's partly complicit as stated.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I disagree with her, despite my disdain for Greenwood and his actions, and those involved in employing him.

Romano is, in essence, a journalist reporting news. Should every journalist editorialise and make moral/value judgements on the news they report? I say no. He could have chosen to ignore it and not report, but this would then draw accusations of censorship.

Right answer.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I tend to agree , however revolting Greenwood’s behaviour was on the recording Fab is football journalist whose main job appears to be simply reporting transfers as he’s obviously very well connected with most of the agents , it’s not his job to offer his opinion on a players character or lack of it in this case .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A journalist writes/speaks for news outlets not a Tweeter acting for players and agents. He is a like farmer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

That's fine, but I've just looked at his Twitter timeline and guess how many other videos of new signings being presented to fans there are recently? ZERO.

He'd already reported the news of the transfer (of COURSE he had!) so it's easy to see why/how it could be inferred that he's bandwagon-jumping/clickbaiting to feed his ego.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
That's fine, but I've just looked at his Twitter timeline and guess how many other videos of new signings being presented to fans there are recently? ZERO.

He'd already reported the news of the transfer (of COURSE he had!) so it's easy to see why/how it could be inferred that he's bandwagon-jumping/clickbaiting to feed his ego.
It feeds his bank balance too - he makes around $90,000 a month from ad sharing revenue. Rage-baiting (an actual thing) by posting things he knows will generate controversy, get retweeted, get replies and views because they'll enrage people and be divisive, will directly earn him more money. Just another thing that adds weight to the OPs arguments that he's toxic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It feeds his bank balance too - he makes around $90,000 a month from ad sharing revenue. Rage-baiting (an actual thing) by posting things he knows will generate controversy, get retweeted, get replies and views because they'll enrage people and be divisive, will directly earn him more money. Just another thing that adds weight to the OPs arguments that he's toxic.
Exactly. The more views, replies and retweets he gets brings in more revenue.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022

Romano is not even close to being a journalist. He is a social media influencer. Please don't confuse the two.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Fair enough. I haven't followed Romano's involvement with this closely, so if he has been going further than mere factual reporting then yes he certainly should be thought partly complicit as stated.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

He’s not a journalist though; choosing to ignore him isn’t censorship. If that’s the case I’m censoring half a dozen people on here!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Lots of clicks in Africa where Greenwood is very popular and so are unsubstantiated rumours that "your" Big Six team is about to sign someone for a gazillion pounds.

Fab appears to have almost no morals at all.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fair enough. I haven't followed Romano's involvement with this closely, so if he has been going further than mere factual reporting then yes he certainly should be thought partly complicit as stated.
I haven't either, but I was curious to see what the deal was, so checked out his timeline (I feel the need to now go and cleanse myself!) and, sure enough the video is there – in among all the 'Here we go's – but his trademark announcement about Greenwood was old news and posted by him a few days ago.

He's a parasite who is stealing a living and providing a solution for a problem that never existed. And not really a proper journalist, either IMO.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I idea how true this is although 90k a month seems wide of the mark

Attachments

• IMG_0038.jpeg
    IMG_0038.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 53

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012