Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs England Internationals asking for dodgy sicknotes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It undermines the most commitment players do have to England. Whatever the failings in the results, I refuse to accept that a single player in that squad isn't chomping at the bit to make their mark. One thing he is right about is the point that being an England footballer means putting up with all the tabloid vitriol. I can understand their reticence.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well done to him for dragging it up now and not mentioning it to the FA at the time.

He was too busy tapping up Rodgers to be his number two for England before the Swansea game at WHL to report it.

I am glad Gerrard has called him out, he either names the players and loses respect from the players - and possibly gets sued or loses respect by not naming them and not backing up his claims.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
To cap it off, Gerrard now has an agenda to"out" these players publicly, showing what a decent fella he is and of course distracting us from his awful mistakes that cost us a place in the last 16

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Arry is unlucky not to be England manager. He managed to get the qpr all stars promoted in the play offs with a squad whose wage bill was higher than the Spanish champions. The man is a tool.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
To cap it off, Gerrard now has an agenda to"out" these players publicly, showing what a decent fella he is and of course distracting us from his awful mistakes that cost us a place in the last 16

I'm honestly not sure he's thinking like that. He knows he hasn't played well, but he's hardly the only one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm honestly not sure he's thinking like that. He knows he hasn't played well, but he's hardly the only one.

I agree. Personal opinion is that England have rarely seen the Liverpool Gerrard on show, but that doesn't mean I don't think he cares or that he's not capable of honesty about his own performances. I bet he's devastated about that cock up. He's quite right to call out Redknapp on this, a man who only ever has one agenda, and that's Harry Redknapp.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Has anyone mentioned jenas must be a possibility.

Nah, Doubt it - He was Injured a lot and was never in the team under Harry Twatknapp plus he plays for QPR

It was more than Likely Bentley and Bent.... Harry wouldnt upset anyone that could be useful to him in the future.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Stevie Superinjunction getting up on his high horse and asking for folk to be named and shamed.
Is it National Irony Week?
This is just Harry Benttwat trying to be controversial because he hasn't been in the news for an hour or two.
The sooner this attention-seeking spiv **** stops being a self-obsessed rentaquote, shuts the **** up and pays his ****ing taxes the better

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I don't know why it's such a big deal myself, I don't understand it, why you wouldn't want to play international football and therefore possibly at the worlds biggest sporting (and cultural?) event, but it's you choice. Don't think we need football conscription!

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
This gossip tit-bit, rather juicy when delivered by a credible, trustworthy source, is somewhat tasteless on this occasion...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree. Personal opinion is that England have rarely seen the Liverpool Gerrard on show, but that doesn't mean I don't think he cares or that he's not capable of honesty about his own performances. I bet he's devastated about that cock up. He's quite right to call out Redknapp on this, a man who only ever has one agenda, and that's Harry Redknapp.
This. Hats off to Gerrard. He was poor in the last game, and lost us the game with that mistake - but I'm never going to call his effort for England into question when there are dozens out there with a worse attitude.

Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Aaron Lennon, Darren Bent, Scott Parker, David Bentley, Jermaine Jenas, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Jonathan Woodgate, Ledley King and Kyle Walker

All of the above are now guilty by association thanks to Arry.

Unless of course he names some names.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Aaron Lennon, Darren Bent, Scott Parker, David Bentley, Jermaine Jenas, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Jonathan Woodgate, Ledley King and Kyle Walker

All of the above are now guilty by association thanks to Arry.

Unless of course he names some names.

If that's all we were missing out on, then perhaps it was the fans who needed the sicknotes....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Most people seem to think international friendlies are a waste of time.
2. A lot of the kids are fast-tracked into the full squad without servicing an apprenticeship in the Under-19s / Under-21s.
3. Cappello's England team more or less picked itself, therefore the subs also more or less picked themselves.

I am therefore not surprised that in the past some players may have preferred not to bother, and rather focus their efforts on staying in the Spurs side. And I daresay absenteeism is no more prevalent in English football than it is in any other major nation. Is this a big deal? National treasure and SPOTY winner Ryan Giggs missed internationals all the time for Wales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here