Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs at the AMEX?!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think they'll end up at Wembley, and they'll just close the top tier for their games. FA desperately needs the money and THFC PLC needs somewhere which will bring in enoguh revenue to keep them competing in the upper echelons of the EPL and help pay for the new stadium.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'd welcome that. Nice revenue stream.

And can we have some nice free loan players as well please?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think they'll end up at Wembley, and they'll just close the top tier for their games. FA desperately needs the money and THFC PLC needs somewhere which will bring in enoguh revenue to keep them competing in the upper echelons of the EPL and help pay for the new stadium.

That seems the most sensible solution...which probably means it won't happen.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Milton Keynes makes far more logistical sense. Plus it'll be nice for the MK season ticket holders to see another of their favourite teams in action regularly.

That Man United cup game recently- I think I read that MK pulled in over twenty thousand more than their average gate. I know pretty much every club (outside the PL at least) would see a big crowd if United were in town, but an extra twenty thousand! :ohmy:

Speaks volumes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why on earth would they come the wrong side of London for their fans if they can't find something in the capital. Surely Stadium MK would make far more sense?

Absolutely. Absurd to think they'd want to come all the way down to the south coast

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Milton Keynes makes far more logistical sense. Plus it'll be nice for the MK season ticket holders to see another of their favourite teams in action regularly.

That Man United cup game recently- I think I read that MK pulled in over twenty thousand more than their average gate. I know pretty much every club (outside the PL at least) would see a big crowd if United were in town, but an extra twenty thousand! :ohmy:

Speaks volumes.

Almost every club would sell an extra 20k if Utd were playing in a cup match. Only difference is that MK actually have the spare capacity.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Almost every club would sell an extra 20k if Utd were playing in a cup match. Only difference is that MK actually have the spare capacity.

I'm not so sure. Say Leyton Orient had all those spare seats. Or Hartlepool, or Carlisle. Sure, there'd be a few thousand day trippers, and plenty of away fans. But most of those clubs barely get 20,000 total when they go to Wembley for play offs etc, I genuinely couldn't see Orient getting 20k more on the gate simply because United's reserves were in town for the league cup.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
[SUP][/SUP]Just watched itv london news...
The chap in the studio discussing it-says the amex is a possibility and has a capacity of 27,500...Also MKD's has a capacity of 22k,where do they get this info from?:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here