Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs after Leon McKenzie!!!

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
apparently he turned down wigan so don't think we'll have a chance of siging him imho, but maybe bobby back on-loan??

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
The 'Leon to Spurs' story was first reported in the News of the Screws - a paper that Fat Barry writes for hmmmm.

Leon will definitely sign for Wigan - £400k including all the add ons.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Aren't Spurs linked with everyone who's meant to be half decent?

Got my nan to do 5 'keep em ups' last night so should get an offer from them for the old girl any day now!?! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
seriously, there is no way Spurs would go after Leon McKenzie, a second division striker with an average goal record and an appalling injury list.

If they were actually looking at lower league strikers, and I doubt it, it would probably be Parkin at Swindon, and maybe that kid Stead at Huddersfield who Sunderland offered £500,000 for last week.

Sounds like Peterborough trying to talk up McKenzie's value.

Coppell asked fry-up about him last season and was put off by the 750k asking price.

if they're asking a chash -strapped skint First Division club 750k for him (knowing fullwell, we aint got it) imagine what they;ll aske money bags Tottahem

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
£750k, they are having a laugh.

Would pay £500k absolute tops for McKenzie, and then only if Chelsea suddenly entered the race and pushed the price up. True value is probably about £350,000 for a player with his injury record.

Barry Fry talks such rubbish sometimes.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The last price we were quoted was £250k and even that put us off. We have Leon Knight now and I think he is better. What we need now is a target man for him to feed off.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
just_bhafc said:
Aren't Spurs linked with everyone who's meant to be half decent?

Got my nan to do 5 'keep em ups' last night so should get an offer from them for the old girl any day now!?! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
spurs new striker sorted then!

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
braders7 said:
spurs new striker sorted then!

Yep, my nan and Bobby Z - oh shite, I'm not supposd to talk about that!?! :eek:

Am I the only one whose not sure if Bobby and Knight would be a good partnership. Both need a rocket up their arse from time to time and can look lazy for long periods. In theory they would be a dream partnership but in reality I think they both need a hard working forward alongside them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here