Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spuds v 'ammers

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Don't think Pochettino is too bothered about Spurs' exit (he was even smiling with Bilic at the end).

Christmas & New Year is a busy time fixture-wise with the Caribou Cup quarter-finals on Dec 19/20. Spurs are at Burnley on Dec 23 and MP would have been aware that Burnley had already been eliminated.

Going well in the league and almost certain to qualify for the Champions league knock-out stages, I think that the league cup was at the bottom of Spurs' list of priorities. It might have been different if the Euro campaign was going badly (like Everton's).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't think Pochettino is too bothered about Spurs' exit (he was even smiling with Bilic at the end).

Christmas & New Year is a busy time fixture-wise with the Caribou Cup quarter-finals on Dec 19/20. Spurs are at Burnley on Dec 23 and MP would have been aware that Burnley had already been eliminated.

Going well in the league and almost certain to qualify for the Champions league knock-out stages, I think that the league cup was at the bottom of Spurs' list of priorities. It might have been different if the Euro campaign was going badly (like Everton's).

Spurs fans were largely fuming. They said for a club to become winners, they need to pick up any cup first, to get that winning mentality. You can see that in that in the past where even Fergie (FAC) and Mourinho (LC's at Cheski and ManUre) gave the boost to the squad and fans as a springboard for further success.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
A draw a Smelhurst is still best result for us

That's what I am starting to think.

My heart wants a Palace defeat but my head is saying a draw will be ideal....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here