Spray lines ....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Also to help refs, i think when a yellow card is issued the ref should spray yellow paint on the face of the player. Acting as a reminder to the ref, the other players and himself that his is on a yellow. And for a red - same thing, but the red doesn't wash out for a few days or weeks (depending on fixture congestion).

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait for the first ref to send someone off, then paint an ironic arrow towards the tunnel.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Have you really not seen that used before?
They've had it in South America (and various other places) for years.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Vanishing spray was used last season in a South American country or countries. I remember watching games where they were using it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's a great and very visible idea. The sad thing for me is that the game needs something like it to stop the cheating going on in football.

I'm sure that a number of years ago the sprayable line for refs was an April Fool's gag in one of the papers...

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I first saw this used in Brazil about ten years ago in the Paulista. They used different colours, they also had four linesman, covering half the line. Always trying something new, spray was a good idea tough.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Saw it used in Mexico 3 years ago, excellent idea, just amazed that simple things like this take so long to be implemented - what objections could there possibly be?!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The should a pepper spray in the other hand to use when players surround an official after a decision.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As Dave Boyle said on Twitter last night, it's a desperate pity that this spray wasn't around when Gazza was in his pomp. There's no doubt whatever that he'd have nicked it from the ref's back pocket and drawn a cock and balls on the pitch.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm surprised that the referees can find the can.

One minute they have it, the next it's gone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it is a good idea but feel that encroachment should mean moving forward another 10 yds as was tried and dropped in the past. If by doing this the kick gets to the penalty box it is then changed from a standard free kick to a penalty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports