Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sportsman Question

Me and my boy are going to the match tonight, will the sportsman still be open and serving food till a certain time?

If it stops and hour or so before then that will be cool, dont mind getting there a few hours early, and getting something to eat!!

Steve

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Normally does food up to 3/4 hour before kick off

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I always think it weird that a pub named that shows almost no live sports.

Really?

I'd always assumed it was named because of the fact it's next to the Withdean Complex and sportsmen using the athletics, tennis and squash (and more recently the Albion) facilities used it?

Was probably (don't know for a fact) named this long before Sky Sports was even shown in pubs?

Really?

I'd always assumed it was named because of the fact it's next to the Withdean Complex and sportsmen using the athletics, tennis and squash (and more recently the Albion) facilities used it?

Was probably (don't know for a fact) named this long before Sky Sports was even shown in pubs?

That still won't explain why now, with the advent of Sky sports showing in pubs, they cannot be up with the programme that so many other pubs ARE, and get some live games on - with a name like 'Sportsman'. N'est pas??

I mean come on!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That still won't explain why now, with the advent of Sky sports showing in pubs, they cannot be up with the programme that so many other pubs ARE, and get some live games on - with a name like 'Sportsman'. N'est pas??

I mean come on!

Well, they patently hate their customers almost as much as Ryanair do, so why would they bother? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here