Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports personality 2016

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Is it just me?! (Apologies if this appears elsewhere)....

The replica trophy held by Andy Murray when presented looked like it had been dropped and held together by rolled up tin foil....

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Why is it called Sports Personality of the Year? Trotty has the best personality.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why is it called Sports Personality of the Year? Trotty has the best personality.

because they dont mean personality as in character, they mean person. for some reason chose a word with two meanings so we have this observation every year.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
If you have had the misfortune to go to Wimbledon the thought of Murray winning again is even more depressing. Cos those are the people who voted for him.

We have produced one decent male tennis player in the last 50 years and middle England creams themselves.............

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray polled more than 2nd and 3rd places combined, and they only polled high because of the emotional draw - the footage of Alistair Brownlee helping his stricken brother to cross the line was probably worth 100,000 votes, while the fact Nick Skelton is of pensionable age probably won him 100,000 grey votes.

R.I.P SPOTY.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
How Mo Farah the most decorated British track athlete, double gold Olympic medalist, didn't get in the top 3 just sums up the utter shitnesss of this award.

Murray wins 3 in 4 years. Is he going to win the award every time he wins a major or becomes world number 1. Don't get me wrong he has done great things. He he has thoroughly deserved his previous two wins however how Mo farah didn't win this baffles me, the fact he didn't come in the top 3 is simply embarrassing.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
How Mo Farah the most decorated British track athlete, double gold Olympic medalist, didn't get in the top 3 just sums up the utter shitnesss of this award.

Murray wins 3 in 4 years. Is he going to win the award every time he wins a major or becomes world number 1. Don't get me wrong he has done great things. He he has thoroughly deserved his previous two wins however how Mo farah didn't win this baffles me, the fact he didn't come in the top 3 is simply embarrassing.
I blame Farage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here