Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Splitting the games for a shared season ticket

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
What I did was to alternate each game. Whoever got the first game loses out on 1st chance at the cup games.

Following season, reversed. Worked well for me

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This will be the 3rd season now that I've shared our season tickets with a neighbour.

We tend to just get on with it :p

It's always worked out fine so far.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
More importantly, who will get the Play Off final/FA Cup final ticket?!

Sorry, getting overexcited, think I'm having a sugar rush

Complete_Madness.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
At one of my last jobs we shared two 1901 seats between the employees (only 9 or so of us)- we just had a list of all the games posted up and we put our names against the ones we wanted, obviously if someone took too many then it'd be sorted out democratically, but it usually worked and we could always trade if we couldn't make it/wanted to take a friend/client/family member etc.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
So we settled on a mix of ideas..

Basically swapped games we couldn't make
then shared out midweek games with one with fewer games choosing first. Since with. 2 u18 tickets harder to get them to late games.
From remainder probably only 3 or 4 we each were particularly keen to go to so took in turns to iterate through these.
Then filled in the gaps trying to make sure we didn't go a couple of months without a game.

End result both happy and agreed to let person with 11 games have first dibs on first home cup game / playoff (we can dream)

Both happy and my games are

Forest
Rotherham
PNE
MK Dons
Charlton
Boro
Brentford
Leeds
Burnley
QPR
Derby

Who did best?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Silly question, but when you buy a season ticket, are you buying a seat in your name or are you allowed in the rules to buy it to share between your mates/ family etc.

I know it is something that is impossible to police, but I wonder what the terms and conditions of your season ticket actually says.

A mate of mine at Bramall Lane lent his ST to a work colleague who was subsequently chucked out for some misdemeanour, and the club cancelled his ST and banned him for 3 years as it is implicit that the ST is only to be used by the name on the contract. Seemed a bit draconian, but he actually took the positives and hasn't been near a a football club since, preferring to spend time with family and friends.

Sheffields loss of income!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Silly question, but when you buy a season ticket, are you buying a seat in your name or are you allowed in the rules to buy it to share between your mates/ family etc.

I know it is something that is impossible to police, but I wonder what the terms and conditions of your season ticket actually says.

A mate of mine at Bramall Lane lent his ST to a work colleague who was subsequently chucked out for some misdemeanour, and the club cancelled his ST and banned him for 3 years as it is implicit that the ST is only to be used by the name on the contract. Seemed a bit draconian, but he actually took the positives and hasn't been near a a football club since, preferring to spend time with family and friends.

Sheffields loss of income!
The rules are that you cannot do it, but the club turns a blind eye to it. There is no way to register an official share with the club.

Any bad behaviour ( or unluckily being in the wrong place at the wrong time ), and the one who has the name on the ticket gets the penalty ( ban etc. )

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
from the clubs perspective they are getting more money from people this way. Buyers will go to more games and if booked with u18's they wont make every game.

when the season tickets are not sold out it makes sense and i'd imagine people will eventually convert to full season tickets when they can afford / have more time.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here