Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Split, Croatia

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Split is a really interesting place, and there's lots of stuff within distance for day trips and things. I'd recommend a trip to Hvar for a couple of days also, it's accesible by ferry which takes no time at all and are very frequent. Brac is also nearby.

For cheap and fresh eats in Split go to Buffet Fife for rough and ready seafood and table wine that'll get you HAMMERED.

Croatia is amazing.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Beautiful area, especially the lakes.

Take a walk up the bell tower in Split, my wife is still having nightmares about it. She's afraid of hights and had to come back down sitting on her arse (she only reached halfway anyway).

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i had a superb holiday in croatia a couple of years ago. i wouldn't hang around in split, head south and go to makarska (sp). beautiful.

burstead

Not a Registered User
Jul 24, 2010
Went last year, Split is ok but Korcula and Hvar are much much nicer, get the cataraman and be there in a couple of hours.

Also met a bloke wearing a brighton shirt in Korcula.

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
Beautiful area, especially the lakes.

Take a walk up the bell tower in Split, my wife is still having nightmares about it. She's afraid of hights and had to come back down sitting on her arse (she only reached halfway anyway).

Wish my wife would sit on my bell tower

Split's great, and as others have said there's loads to do slightly out of the city as well. We stayed in Podstrana last year and as well a couple of days in Split we got the ferry to Brac for the day (from Split), caught a Hajduk Split match and did rafting in Omis.

Try to avoid any of the central tourist-trap restaurants in Split though, and definitely do not go to Posejdon restaurant in the old city centre. Utter SHIT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here