Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spiders!

OFAHrulz

Nov 25, 2003
London
I am soooo scared of Spiders and scream if i see a picture of one, the problem is...My daughter is now scared as well and I feel I need to do something to stop her going down the same path as me. ( we just had a 'spider moment')
Somehow if she is scared I manage to get brave and get rid of it, but if i'm alone i wont move or have to literally call for help (on the fone)
Where we live we see at least one per day and it's getting toooo much now, other than moving, which i really don't want to do, but am seriously considering, does anyone have any realistic suggestions, maybe things that have worked for you?

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Did you know that a lot of the spiders in the UK are very venomous, but fear not there fangs cannot penatrate our skin to deliver the poison, and that my friend is a fact.
Hope that has made you feel better.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
1, there are 100's of spiders per sq mtr you know. I would not let her go on grass without a full body stocking if I were you. Also long grass can be a good source of spider bites.

Can i recommend a film for you though...

Here

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
You do not want to work with me then, we have to unpack crates from all over the globe we have had to contend with some nasty little critters, Black Widows and Northern Widows to name but two we catch them and phone a guy in Gatwick who comes and collects them.

OFAHrulz

Nov 25, 2003
London
marvin said:
1, there are 100's of spiders per sq mtr you know. I would not let her go on grass without a full body stocking if I were you. Also long grass can be a good source of spider bites.

Can i recommend a film for you though...

Here

No you can't reccomend a film if it's got spiders in it :p
I did go and see arachniphobia at the cinema though. I was having a 'Brave' moment and all my friends were going. One of the worst days of my life!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You rotten lot. :lol:

Remember a spider will always run away from you, never towards you.

If you really must get rid of it use an empty jamjar and a piece of card. Put the jam jar over the spider until it has crawled in, cover the top with the card gently and then take it outside and release it.

Spiders are good for the house because they eat all the other creepy crawlies.

OFAHrulz

Nov 25, 2003
London
I can handle all the other creepy crawlies, it's just the damn spiders lol
i do put glasses over them, but they stay there till someone comes over, I had one in the kitchen last week in the middle of the floor under a beaker for 8 hours till someone arrived.
Had to keep treading around it to do stuff :(

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The only way to beat an irrational fear is to face it head on.

OFAHrulz

Nov 25, 2003
London
I know, i have to do something, i can't let my daughter go through what i do, i blame my step dad, he once dragged an old lady in off the street to get a spider out of our bath!
Maybe hypnotisim might be worth a go?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
Can you hypnotise a spider?

OFAHrulz

Nov 25, 2003
London
Happy Seagull said:
Just think of how many you might have eaten when they crawled into you mouth while you were sleeping :lolol:

I'd rather not thanks
Hows Britney?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I've never been frightened of spiders and was quite happy picking them up and moving them nearer to someone who was.

I learned my lesson here, however. I had no idea that my local spiders poison you just by walking on you - their feet can leave a trail of venom apparently. One day I complained my arm was really aching from wrist to elbow, and someone asked me if I'd been playing with spiders. I had picked one up and put it on someone's desk the day before. Turned out the darned thing had poisoned me. Never again...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was a MASSIVE one in our bath the other week. It's arse was so big, I can't see how it possibly came in through the plughole. You could hear the bloody thing clumping about, we called it Shelob. No-one wanted to touch it, so I just opened a window, threw a pork chop out, and off it went in pursuit.

You want to see the bastards you get in Florida though. On holiday with a load of mates there once, one night there was this evil monster scuttling around on the wall in the porch. We filmed it, and when the camera light shined on it, you could see all its eight eyes lit up in a circle on its head *shudder*. We locked one of my mates out there with it, and checked about 15 minutes later after his screams had subsided. He was standing triumphantly with a mop in his hand, and pointing at the mushy mess on the floor. In his panic, he'd twatted it so hard, its legs had flown off in all directions, and were scattered around the porch. Euugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here