Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speeding Offences and Civil Liberties grrr

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Thought you might be interested to know that following the UK Government's freedom of information act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offenses registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database? You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

UK Speed Camera Database. Check to see if you have been caught speeding

Grrrr:rant::rant::rant:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm guessing it's a spoof site... as any digits you type come up with an offence.. that's me talking as a Software Test Manager :)

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Fooled me. I just put in my car reg, and an 'offence' came up in Cambridgeshire on a day when the car was parked up in London all day, and started wondering if it was legit ...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't go over the limit then :shrug:

Excuse me. Drivers should be allowed to ignore all the rules of the road, they should be allowed to go faster because the more you've driven the better you are (regardless of if you never leave the city or only drive the same few routes for 20 years), and the more experienced you are as a driver the easier it is for you to defy the laws of physics and have a better than human reaction time, you're able to break faster, with less of a skid, and having driven for 20 years means all those unexpected hazards are actually easily predictable.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm guessing it's a spoof site... as any digits you type come up with an offence.. that's me talking as a Software Test Manager :)

Tend to agree with that, as Mrs P's registration shows up as having been clocked at 82.1 in a 70mph limit in Middlesborough.

Hardly likely, she thinks of Hassocks as oop north!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
some jackanory there i reckon. alot of cameras are still manually loaded/retreived and they aint going to waste film exposures on people they are never going to prosecute. if theres differences in the tolerance, thats down to local authorities, and 39mph offenders get away that because of the previous point - the cameras out of film.

besides this is a comedy site isnt it?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Got me too...excellent Smithers...*rubs hands*

Vehicle 184GOV has recent speed offences registered againast it.

Search completed on Friday, 13 March 2009 01:09 pm

County Cleveland
Town Middlesbrough
Road A19
Location Thornaby A66 Carriageway
Grid Ref NZ446526
Camera Ref 3962
Speed Limit 70mph
Speed Recorded 81.2mph
Date of Offence Confirmed on March 7 2009

ACTIVE SPEED OFFENCE
FOR 184GOV

Amazing! When I owned this 1962 Ford Anglia, it was totally INCAPABLE of reaching 70mph, let alone 81.2. Unless the fact that it was sent to the knacker's yard in 1975 has helped it achieve a better performance.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007

County Cleveland
Town Middlesbrough
Road A19
Grid Ref NZ446526
Camera Ref 3962
Speed Limit 70mph
Speed Recorded 81.2mph

ACTIVE SPEED OFFENCE
FOR 184GOV

Amazing! When I owned this 1962 Ford Anglia, it was totally INCAPABLE of reaching 70mph, let alone 81.2. Unless the fact that it was sent to the knacker's yard in 1975 has helped it achieve a better performance.

Better click on the camera Icon to see it, someone may have bought the plate

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

County Cleveland
Town Middlesbrough
Road A19
Grid Ref NZ446526
Camera Ref 3962
Speed Limit 70mph
Speed Recorded 81.2mph

ACTIVE SPEED OFFENCE
FOR 184GOV

Even more amazing as I was caught by the same camera in Cleveland AT EXACTLY the same time as your now defunct Anglia going exactly the same speed on the same DAY!

I dont remember you burning asphalt next to me as the dreaded flash went off!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Even more amazing as I was caught by the same camera in Cleveland AT EXACTLY the same time as your now defunct Anglia going exactly the same speed on the same DAY!

I dont remember you burning asphalt next to me as the dreaded flash went off!

Funny that. Read my post above! Were Albion playing away at 'Boro that day or something :lol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You need a Sat Nav like mine that makes a truly disgusting racket when it's near a speed camera. You need to be very brave (or deaf) to be able to ignore it.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
check.php

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials

Oooaaaawwwahhhhh!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here