Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed Cameras -

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The problem is proving her innocence which is totally against the concept of british justice where a person is innocent until proved guilty, that is unless it is a motoring offence.

stop her driving Brian, she sounds like a bloody maniac:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
As I said, a little knowledge can be dangerous. Receiving or nor receiving an NIP has nothing to do with Statutory Declarations. You would only make a Statutory Declaration if you did not receive a summons and you were unaware of the prosecution against you

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
In Hampshire you can go on a 'Driver Awareness Course' instead of the points. I took this a few weeks ago and is worth the half day. One of the guys running the course thinks he's Jimmy Carr, the other one is the typical near-retirement, still a PC sort who knows everything. Cost - either £74 for the course or £60 fine.

Unfortunately my insurance had to be renewed inbetween the NIP and course, so they stung me with an 'impending prosecution' excess on my policy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wife never heard anymore about hers so all is well. I still think especially the 2 on the A24 more emphasis should be placed on average speed rather a quick flash as you pass a camera.

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
In Hampshire you can go on a 'Driver Awareness Course' instead of the points. I took this a few weeks ago and is worth the half day. One of the guys running the course thinks he's Jimmy Carr, the other one is the typical near-retirement, still a PC sort who knows everything. Cost - either £74 for the course or £60 fine.

Unfortunately my insurance had to be renewed inbetween the NIP and course, so they stung me with an 'impending prosecution' excess on my policy.

Same applies in Sussex. From the Sussex Safety Roads Partnership website:Speed Awareness
The Speed Awareness Course is offered to those individuals who have made a minor driving error and have been detected travelling slightly over the speed limit in any speed limit band and who have not attended such a course in the preceding three years.
Following changes to the National Speed Awareness Course, from 1 December 2010 we are now offering a theory based session, as an alternative to prosecution. The course runs for four hours at one of several locations throughout Sussex and is run by professional driver trainers who coach attendees about the use of speed and how it relates to their driving techniques. It is a great opportunity for giving drivers the chance to reassess their driving techniques.
The new course which is to be introduced in Sussex on 1st January 2011 costs £85 (£25 more than a standard speeding fine) and motorists who attend will not have penalty points added to their licence - which means that there will be no future impact on their insurance premiums. During December we will continue to provide the content of the old course which includes both theory and practical elements for those who have already booked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here