Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Speed Cameras on the A27

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I noticed this morning, that 2 speed cameras have been set up on the A27 between falmer & the Kingston Roundabout.

Any idea why?

(Apart from catching speeding motorists that is)

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i can only assume (and i am no expert on this) that they are indeed there to catch speeding motorists.

just a hunch like :shrug:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Yeah noticed them on the way back from Brighton yesterday, am I right in thinking they weren't there before the weekend? Just checking that I didn't somehow miss them!

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Nope they were definately not there Friday.

Makes me wonder if there is going to be another set of raodworks down that stretch.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
If thats the reason for the cameras, then I will not be complaining about this particular traffic jam.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
They are Gatsos, so not temporary.

No idea is they are active; I decided not to test that on the way to work in Lewes.

Papa

They looked permanant, although,they seemed to have some kind of generator attached to them, presumably because there is no power on that stretch of the road

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i dont know why they are there, the police have stated that each speed camera is put were they have been at least 3 people have died in car crashes, now i know that is complete bollocks because i can anme at least 5 cameras were they HAVENT been any crashes, just another way to make more money to waste on immigiants

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We noticed them yesterday but they can't be there for the impending roadworks (when they start) as they are pointed eastbound.
The first one (just past the Swan) is almost hidden behind a tree. The second one is nearer the garage before Ashcombe roundabout.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Roadworks were due to start on the east bound section today but only for 2 weeks. That section of road must be the most "coned off" section in the UK.

The Gatso's are temporary....iirc they had them by falmer station during some roadworks a few years ago.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
There were a couple of works lorries parked up in the layby by the Texaco garage when I was on my way home tonight. The cameras only appear to be temporary and the markings are only on one lane which indicates that they are for temporary roadworks.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
One of them you don't really see to the last minute if you are heading away from Brighton... that could potentially be more dangerous than not having them

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
One of them you don't really see to the last minute if you are heading away from Brighton... that could potentially be more dangerous than not having them

Agreed, the traffic last night was slowing to 40 as it went past them. However they have been covered up this morning.

i dont know why they are there, the police have stated that each speed camera is put were they have been at least 3 people have died in car crashes, now i know that is complete bollocks because i can anme at least 5 cameras were they HAVENT been any crashes, just another way to make more money to waste on immigiants

Well here's an idea Stevie boy. If you don't want the cameras making more money to spend on immigrants don't break the speed limit. And if you do and get caught and then get fined don't whinge about it.
And thanks on behalf of the immigrants for your money as well. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here