Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spectre (contains spoilers...)

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Definitely left thinking this is Craig's last film. Probably why he not answering the question. It's set up for a new bond now, the four film storey worked well. Will be a shame to see Craig go but he will be pushing 50 by the time the next one is made so this is the end for him. Good film to end on, nothing spectacular but entertaining.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Felt quite tame to me, nice set pieces - the the Day of the Dead, the Algerian train bit, the Switzerland plane chase, the Italian car-chase - but the actual plot seemed a bit weak and the bad guys pretty shallow and unimpressive. The idea that Bond is ageing/drinking too much/ a loner chimes with the idea that the 00 programme is outdated and old school but I don't think it added depth to Bond. Too much emphasis was placed on being in tune with a post-Snowden zeitgiest which maybe isn't an entirely compelling theme, I think 'spectre' as a concept was taken on a little too literally.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Felt quite tame to me, nice set pieces - the the Day of the Dead, the Algerian train bit, the Switzerland plane chase, the Italian car-chase - but the actual plot seemed a bit weak and the bad guys pretty shallow and unimpressive. The idea that Bond is ageing/drinking too much/ a loner chimes with the idea that the 00 programme is outdated and old school but I don't think it added depth to Bond. Too much emphasis was placed on being in tune with a post-Snowden zeitgiest which maybe isn't an entirely compelling theme, I think 'spectre' as a concept was taken on a little too literally.

It's a Bond film, lighten up!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I couldn't concentrate on the last 30 minutes because my arse had gone numb. I thought I would enjoy it more but Bond is tbh not my sort of thing nowadays. The missus loved it so that was what mattered.
On a different note I am still marvelling after watching 'The Drop' on Sky this week. Amazing stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Definitely left thinking this is Craig's last film. Probably why he not answering the question. It's set up for a new bond now, the four film storey worked well. Will be a shame to see Craig go but he will be pushing 50 by the time the next one is made so this is the end for him. Good film to end on, nothing spectacular but entertaining.

Roger Moore was 71 when he did A View to A Kill in 1985.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Saw it on Friday with the wife and a mate. I didn't rate it, my missus thought it was good and my mate loved it. Just goes to show!

For what it's worth I thought the film was a series of badly connected set pieces with little to hook you into it. But my mate saw it totally opposite! It's done well at the Box Office I see.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I really don't know what to make of it tbh. It was all a bit Meh

Most of the story was just selected bits and ideas from the older Bond films cobbled together to try to make a new story and i'm not sure that what resulted was a strong enough plot.

There are long films that, when you finish watching that, seem like it was only on for 30 mins or so because you were thoroughly absorbed in the film but sadly this wasn't one of them. It felt like it was a bit too long, a bit slow in places and just didn't offer that excitement that you'd expect from a James Bond film.

What was there was done to the usual high standards of the Bond franchise, (visually, etc) but it just didn't grab you, it didn't make me think wow, or i want to see it again straight away. It just seems like something was lacking but you can't quite put your finger on it and say exactly what that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here