Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Specsavers CC Div 2, Sussex CCC v Durham CCC, Hove, 24-27 June 2019***

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a bit harsh to include Beer in the latter list - he's a tailender pressed into opening

I was being kind by including Beer. Take him out and our regular Top 6 batsmen garnered just 49 runs between them, so that's 48 by Van Zyl and 1 from the other, er, five :(

Jul 7, 2003
How do you see Gwylan's post below yours?

"From The Argus

"The former England one-day and T20 international recently revealed to The Argus that he rejected offers from the Pakistan Super League in order to work on his technique against the red ball during an extended pre-season in South Africa with captain Ben Brown.

Wright said: “I worked hard on my red-ball cricket over the winter, but once it became clear that I was going to have a lesser role in the four-day team, it made sense for me to commit my long-term future to the white-ball game only."

Someone who gives up on a lucrative winter contract to work on his red-ball game doesn't sound like someone itching to give up red-ball cricket. That's what I mean by mismanagement - why couldn't Luke have been told at the end of last season that he had no future in first-class cricket?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/47860344 Just to balance the argument back out.

He is 34 and has struggled with injury for many years. Makes sense he would do what many players are doing and only focusing on the short game.

Easy to jump on bandwagons when things are going badly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why is this? It's not a one-off (or even a two or three-off) it seems to happen every bloody game.
Sort it out Gillespie.

Aw look, he's too busy with TMS at the moment mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here