Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Specs help Required

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
A brilliant trick I have when buying my glasses is using a private healthcare plan from a company called simply health. I sign up and pay my first monthly fee of around £15 which entitles me to claim up to £120 per year in optical fees. As soon as I make my claim and it's paid into my bank I cancel my healthcare plan as there is no minimum subscription time and I get two pairs of glasses for £15. The only catch with this is after cancelling you cannot sign back up with them for another four years. I have done this twice now over the last 8 years and works a treat every time, they also cover many other medical fees so if you can get it all done within a month you can take them to the cleaners for only £15.

Jul 7, 2003
I got my last glasses from Frames In The Lanes - really good service and a much better variety of frames than the main highstreet opticians. Although they have someone who comes in to carry out eye tests once a week, the guy in there recommended Boots for the eye test as one of the better ones. There is an offer on in Boots for free eye tests at the moment (not sure exactly what you have to buy but the woman in the queue had only bought £8's worth of mascara)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here