Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sparrow Joins Crawley (merged threads)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hmm... Strange how memory can be distorted even in a short amount of time. Even so, the 'rare' occasions he did feature for us, he was good, no? Charlton away being one example.

He had a few excellent games for us, but was pretty average or even poor otherwise, also had discipline problems.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He had a few excellent games for us, but was pretty average or even poor otherwise, also had discipline problems.

I remember those...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That was a very enjoyable away trip it's fair to say, especially after all the bitterness about the Greer deal.

And lets not forget the goal against Saints.

And Bloom was jumping up and down that day in the 'exec area' - basically the home stand by us :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
"There is absolutely no chance you'll beat us today. None. We were really unlucky in the play-off final and should be playing in the Championship, you're just a midtable team not really going anywhere. Poyet is a big name but not necessarily a good manager and the players you've signed aren't exactly brilliant are they. Greer's not as good as you think he is and he's not playing anyway. Ankergren always struggles at the CG (County Ground) and we've strengthened the team. It will be a comfortable home win on our way to Promotion this season. I don't mean to be rude and I'm sure you've got a chance of making the play offs if you can get Murray fit and El-Abd or Elphick can cover for Greer when he makes his mistakes. But we're a better team than you are and we'll finish above you, deffinitely."

:lolol: I searched through Facebook to find that quote. It keeps me warm at night. She didn't reply to any texts during the game and I got a misely, "1 down, 45 to go" or something like it afterward.

Sparrowwwwwwwwwwwwwww :bowdown:

:albion2: :clap2:

Brilliant. BLOODY brilliant!!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good luck to a good player. We are stacked in CM so probably good to get him off the books, even though he's useful. Hope JFC emerges in that position over the next 12 months tbh and we spend some of the wages on strengthening other positions

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good for all involved I think though not sure why we are doing Crawley a favour and letting them pick him up for free when we couldn't do that for Scunthorpe. I expect Sparrow may have wanted to stay down here.

Going to Scunny could have been a massive mistake for him. Relegation to League 2 and a subsequent drop in wages isn't a bright move at his age.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
At weak moments, I think about that quote and re-watch the video of Adam Virgo's header and just laugh. :albion:

I was at both play off games that season and at that away game at the start of the season when they just missed out on promotion! That Virgo goal if i remember was in injury time of extra time or something? i remember i was walking along the front of the south stand towards the exit and ran back to my seat for the pens! Good luck Spaz!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sparrow Joins Crawley.

Contract terminated with us. Joined Crawley until the end of season..

He had his moments for us, but time to clear out the deadwood. Any more we should be getting rid of?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
good move for Spaz - no need to move home and contnuing to play at a good level with a chance at least of chasing another promotion.

Got red cards at the wrong times for us leading Gus to question his decision making but a good footballer who could get in most league one sides and most championship squads.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Contract terminated with us. Joined Crawley until the end of season..

He had his moments for us, but time to clear out the deadwood. Any more we should be getting rid of?

Not good enough for a promotion push but bit harsh on a player who did well for us in League 1 and scored 2 memorable goals against Southampton last year

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He is a decent league 1 or low level championship players, but in terms of progressing the team and going for promotion it is right to let him go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here