Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spare a thought....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Everton will be stronger under Dyche for sure, if Leeds managed to stay up they'd be shit again, which I find quite endearing
Will they be stronger though, or just equally dull, and fractionally (very fractionally) less shit?

They are not going to attract good players there, so they're stuck with trying to recruit cheap ones or Dyche's old favourites. Not even sure the rich owner can or will throw money at them any more.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Will they be stronger though, or just equally dull, and fractionally (very fractionally) less shit?

They are not going to attract good players there, so they're stuck with trying to recruit cheap ones or Dyche's old favourites. Not even sure the rich owner can or will throw money at them any more.
I can only assume the owner is thinking that Dyche will keep them up again next season and then he'll ditch him when they are in their new stadium. I'm assuming that's not next season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

There are 'levels' to the shittiness for sure, it is Dyche's hex over us, regardless of our manager, that concerns me more than the Champions of the Universe

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can only assume the owner is thinking that Dyche will keep them up again next season and then he'll ditch him when they are in their new stadium. I'm assuming that's not next season.
Nah, I think 2023/24 is the last season at the crumbling hovel that is Goodison Park. Maybe they're saving the relegation for that one.

Personally, I'd prefer Everton to have dropped than even Leeds, because they just bore the arse off everyone, year after year after year, with their team of barely competent hoof ball merchants, and they never, ever improve, barring about three months during the pandemic when James Rodriguez decided he could be arsed. Once he'd got bored, they reverted to their usual, tedious game. Other than that brief spell, they've been horrific, yet somehow seem to be, like Palace, the unflushable turd. Except Palace have, if you're that way inclined, a couple of players who can at least get you out of your seat. Who do Everton have? Dwight McNeil, FFS. That is the extent of their flair. I'm fed up with watching a club their size celebrating escaping relegation every season like they were Forest Green Rovers playing in the Premier League. If they have a pitch invasion when, inevitably, they hammer AFCML on Sunday to ensure their safety once again, it'll be an embarrassment.

I'll take Leeds going down, of course I will, and that too will be amusing. But not quite as cathartic for me as seeing Everton go would have been.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There are 'levels' to the shittiness for sure, it is Dyche's hex over us, regardless of our manager, that concerns me more than the Champions of the Universe
That's the other reason I wish they'd got relegated: they'd have taken Dyche with them!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nah, I think 2023/24 is the last season at the crumbling hovel that is Goodison Park. Maybe they're saving the relegation for that one.

Personally, I'd prefer Everton to have dropped than even Leeds, because they just bore the arse off everyone, year after year after year, with their team of barely competent hoof ball merchants, and they never, ever improve, barring about three months during the pandemic when James Rodriguez decided he could be arsed. Once he'd got bored, they reverted to their usual, tedious game. Other than that brief spell, they've been horrific, yet somehow seem to be, like Palace, the unflushable turd. Except Palace have, if you're that way inclined, a couple of players who can at least get you out of your seat. Who do Everton have? Dwight McNeil, FFS. That is the extent of their flair. I'm fed up with watching a club their size celebrating escaping relegation every season like they were Forest Green Rovers playing in the Premier League. If they have a pitch invasion when, inevitably, they hammer AFCML on Sunday to ensure their safety once again, it'll be an embarrassment.

I'll take Leeds going down, of course I will, and that too will be amusing. But not quite as cathartic for me as seeing Everton go would have been.
My feelings EXACTLY

Everton have bumbled along on borrowed time for so long now its gone beyond parody. Bloody PALACE contrived to bail them out a year ago, pissing away a 2 goal lead at Goodison in the penultimate game of the season to keep them up. Everton slumped, of course, to a meaningless 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on the final day that should have finally DONE for them, were it not for that bunch of Palace dickheads donning the flipflops at half time.

The unflushable turd is the perfect description. They've got a legion of bang-average nobodies who bore the tits off everyone week-in, week out, along with a forward who lives on a treatment table and dresses as a 14 year-old schoolgirl in his spare time. They've been absolutely stinking the PL out for years now, and RICHLY deserve a prolonged spell away, along with a proper financial shitstorm being as they've clearly cheated their way to narrow survival at the expense of others on more than one occasion.

Go Leicester. Go Plucky. f*** em.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Leicester win twice, Leeds and Everton go down.

Personally. Everton going would be vaguely amusing. But Leeds support base deserve every single piece of misery that goes there way. I won't forget the Ben White saga for years and years to come. I want them down.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My feelings EXACTLY

Everton have bumbled along on borrowed time for so long now its gone beyond parody. Bloody PALACE contrived to bail them out a year ago, pissing away a 2 goal lead at Goodison in the penultimate game of the season to keep them up. Everton slumped, of course, to a meaningless 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on the final day that should have finally DONE for them, were it not for that bunch of Palace dickheads donning the flipflops at half time.

The unflushable turd is the perfect description. They've got a legion of bang-average nobodies who bore the tits off everyone week-in, week out, along with a forward who lives on a treatment table and dresses as a 14 year-old schoolgirl in his spare time. They've been absolutely stinking the PL out for years now, and RICHLY deserve a prolonged spell away, along with a proper financial shitstorm being as they've clearly cheated their way to narrow survival at the expense of others on more than one occasion.

Go Leicester. Go Plucky. f*** em.
It's like they and Dyche were made for each other. School of Science, my arse. A bunch of lumbering cloggers from front to back who get excited once or twice per season when they boot and shithouse their way to a plucky draw against Man City or Man United (never Liverpool, who routinely stuff them) and start to believe this makes them a force to be reckoned with. Then they lose embarrassingly to Bournemouth or Fulham and the crushing reality that they are, as ever, on the edge of the Championship precipice hits. Their last few games are always against teams who can't be bothered, or are just plain crap, however, hence they scrape together a couple of wins and haul themselves to a magnificent 16th or 17th, despite spending more money than Todd Boehly doing his Christmas shopping on their dreadful squad of players.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leicester win twice, Leeds and Everton go down.

Personally. Everton going would be vaguely amusing. But Leeds support base deserve every single piece of misery that goes there way. I won't forget the Ben White saga for years and years to come. I want them down.
There's as much chance of Leicester winning twice as there is of me being the next president of Venezuela.

Leeds may well beat Spurs if the officials permit it, because as we all know, Spurs are an embarrassment and their players don't give a toss.

Sadly for Leeds, Bournemouth not only IS on the beach, but their players are very much on it too. I can see their squad barely mustering a shot at Goodison Park, because all they'll want to to is get off the pitch and on those flights to Dubai to get pissed for the next three weeks.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
would love Everton AND Leeds to go down but cant imagine Leicester winning at Newcastle (fingers crossed though)

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
After all the jubilation from yesterday and today I think we should spare a thought for Leeds United.

Please take moment and have a good giggle!
While sparing a thought for Leads give a thought to us poor Forest fans,

I for one would prefer Everton to go before Lester City ( don’t see Lester as a rival the way they see us), 🤔.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Cracking post.

I'd love Everton to go down, if only so that the fans in their chat room who stated that relegation was like oblivion, and "were Charlton even still around?" (I kid you not) could experience the joys of travelling the UK and visiting some new clubs. It might remind them what football really is about.

I remember getting a cab ride to Goodison with an LFC supporting driver. He was scathing. "Look at them all," he said as he waved at them from behind his windscreen. "Look at them. Have you ever seen a more miserable moaning set of fans in your life. There's no enjoyment here at all. Why do they come?" Had us in sticthes.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
There's every chance Everton will end up with a points deduction next season right? Or is the whole FFP/Profit & Sustainability/whatever thing a load of bollocks when it comes to punishing PL sides?

If the former, even more reason to want Leeds down this season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Personally would prefer Everton to go down,
I'm holding out hope for last day drama of Leicester pulling themselves out of the bottom three with a win v West Ham (home game for Leicester, west ham saving themselves for the European final). Just need Spurs (chasing Europe) and Bournemouth (looking for revenge for being relegated at goodison in a previous season) to do their jobs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here