Spare a thought! (PAFC)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
For every ying there is a yang.

The sense of excitement and anticipation is huge right now for you, football is for you a beautiful and magical thing, I remember that feeling all too well.

It's a bit of a read but for the interested parties amongst you this sorry tale of smoke and mirrors is about as brief a summary of our continuing turmoil as you could get.

The Continuing Take-Over Woes Of Plymouth Argyle Twohundredpercent

I wish you all the very best in your new surrounds and new season, i've already resolved to boycott AFC Heaney/Ridsdale as it's FUBAR so maybe i'll be looking for an adopted team soon if they do indeed go through with the purchase.

You are in good hands I think, but I felt we were in good hands when we were in your shoes in 2004 so please don't put Dick Knight et al under pressure to push the boat out beyond what you can afford. It's tempting but a small overspend becomes a big overspend and before you know it vultures like Kevin Heaney and Peter Ridsdale are circling.

Enjoy!.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You are in good hands I think, but I felt we were in good hands when we were in your shoes in 2004 so please don't put Dick Knight et al under pressure to push the boat out beyond what you can afford.

Blimey, if Dick Knight was still at the helm we'd probably be in a similar predicament as yourselves or not far off it anyway.

All the best with your fight, what ever you do don't let the bastards win!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For every ying there is a yang.

The sense of excitement and anticipation is huge right now for you, football is for you a beautiful and magical thing, I remember that feeling all too well.

It's a bit of a read but for the interested parties amongst you this sorry tale of smoke and mirrors is about as brief a summary of our continuing turmoil as you could get.

The Continuing Take-Over Woes Of Plymouth Argyle Twohundredpercent

I wish you all the very best in your new surrounds and new season, i've already resolved to boycott AFC Heaney/Ridsdale as it's FUBAR so maybe i'll be looking for an adopted team soon if they do indeed go through with the purchase.

You are in good hands I think, but I felt we were in good hands when we were in your shoes in 2004 so please don't put Dick Knight et al under pressure to push the boat out beyond what you can afford. It's tempting but a small overspend becomes a big overspend and before you know it vultures like Kevin Heaney and Peter Ridsdale are circling.

Enjoy!.

Blah blah. We're not interested any more mate - just needed you to survive the season to protect our points.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If you're looking for something to do :D , I reckon Tim could do with someone updating and taking over this website. Still some interesting info on there though.

Clubs In Crisis - Welcome

That was my baby. Would be a full-time job these days.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've read that article twice and I can't help feeling that there is a real risk that they won't be in a position to honour their committments come August. Not looking good :(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
posting it separately as an afterthought did nothing for your cause tbf

better to have edited the original post

Jog on.

Read the Plymouth threads from last season - I'm BANG in the sympathiser camp.
Putting the smiley in a seperate post is the forum equivalent, of a pause for comedic effect.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Jog on.

Read the Plymouth threads from last season - I'm BANG in the sympathiser camp.
Putting the smiley in a seperate post is the forum equivalent, of a pause for comedic effect.

That may be true, but to people who don't hang on your every word your posts in this thread make you look like a tit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have Argyle fans considered bringing in an exorcist to rid Home Park of the demonic Mr Ridsdale ? :lol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Blimey, if Dick Knight was still at the helm we'd probably be in a similar predicament as yourselves or not far off it anyway.

All the best with your fight, what ever you do don't let the bastards win!

Absolutely. That bastard Knight took a flourishing and successful club and in a few years turned it into a complete basket case.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Have Argyle fans considered bringing in an exorcist to rid Home Park of the demonic Mr Ridsdale ? :lol:

Actually many of them/us are rolling over and accepting it. A split is developing and lines are being drawn between two camps 1) "If this is what it takes for us to continue then we must accept it" and 2) "you f**king what?, this is a clusterf**k and we should fight it to the bitter end". I'm in the latter camp, I simply can't see how one can read that lot and conclude that you can invest your pride, passion and belief in a set-up that lacks honesty, transparency, integrity, trust or unity.

Apologies on the Dick Knight score, wasn't up to date on the personality but the sentiment stays the same, be careful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports