Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish players

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Sorry if fixtures - but Albion been scouting in Spain and tracking 3 players from the La Liga play off final from their league 2 up to league one. A midfielder, defender and striker. All part of the plan to help Vicente sign. The midfielder has already signed for some Spanish side but the striker and defender are expected soon. Sauce from my partner's barber!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
When you say play off final from their league one to league two, do you mean from the Segunda to the Primera liga. Not being pedantic, just checking!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
When you say play off final from their league one to league two, do you mean from the Segunda to the Primera liga. Not being pedantic, just checking!

Look I'm a girl who knows her stuff about the Albion and the football league/championship - right!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Real Valladolid have both Manucho (Ex Man Utd) and Alberto Bueno (was the next big thing at Real Madrid, played at Derby for a few games). Also have Medhi Nafti who would fit the battling midfielder role (was at Birmingham)

Not sure either would set the world alight looking at what they've done recently.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

A pedant writes: There is no such thing as the Primera Liga. The correct sponsored name is Liga BBVA but it is almost universally referred to as either La Liga or the Primera Division.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
A pedant writes: There is no such thing as the Primera Liga. The correct sponsored name is Liga BBVA but it is almost universally referred to as either La Liga or the Primera Division.

A pedant responds: note the lower case 'l' in my post.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Real Valladolid have both Manucho (Ex Man Utd) and Alberto Bueno (was the next big thing at Real Madrid, played at Derby for a few games). Also have Medhi Nafti who would fit the battling midfielder role (was at Birmingham)

Not sure either would set the world alight looking at what they've done recently.

I don't think we're looking at Bueno or Manucho (if we actually are looking at anyone from Valladolid or Alcorcon, that is) - I'm going to take a wild punt at Javier Guerra Fernandez.

Valladolid's main man up front, Guerra has found the net 46 times in the past two seasons.

It's also worth noting that he played a season alongside Calde at Deportivo Alaves.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Is there a prize ? Like guess the barber ?

I'll go with the Barber of Seville,though I expect Sweeney Todd will soon take a razor to this rumour.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't think we're looking at Bueno or Manucho (if we actually are looking at anyone from Valladolid or Alcorcon, that is) - I'm going to take a wild punt at Javier Guerra Fernandez.

Valladolid's main man up front, Guerra has found the net 46 times in the past two seasons.

It's also worth noting that he played a season alongside Calde at Deportivo Alaves.

and Vicente, briefly, at Valencia

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Javi Guerra would be a decent signing at this level IMO, although he is 30 so by no means a long term one. I doubt he'd be overly expensive either and Valladolid may be willing to sell as he's unlikely to set the world alight in the top flight.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here