Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish day

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not Spanish and probably not very popular in Spain who have much better beers.

I'd happily buy a pint of Cruzcampo.

San Miguel (I think) isn't very Spanish at all historically, well it comes from The Philippines which was under Spanish control at the times. You see it in Supermarkets but rarely at the bar.

I think a lot of SM in the UK is actually brewed in the UK too?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Not Spanish and probably not very popular in Spain who have much better beers.

I'd happily buy a pint of Cruzcampo.

San Miguel (I think) isn't very Spanish at all historically, well it comes from The Philippines which was under Spanish control at the times. You see it in Supermarkets but rarely at the bar.

Mahou is Spain's No1 selling beer in Spain itself. Quite nice actually but don't rush in and buy the blue cans as I did. Low Alcohol.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Jul 7, 2003
Get some bottles of Alhambra 1925 in for the day - a very nice Spanish beer.

Replace the chips with patatas bravas to go with the Chicken & Chorizo pie that is bound to be on sale. Get some churros in in place of the candy wagon to keep the kids sugar levels nice and high.

Finally, play some Angeles Del Infierno to get the crowd going before kick-off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mahou is Spain's No1 selling beer in Spain itself. Quite nice actually but don't rush in and buy the blue cans as I did. Low Alcohol.

I like a Mahou but prefer a Cruzcampo - although now owned by Heineken. I'd thought a sample a few of the dark versions (just got back from the Seville area) but could only get a Mahou. Horrible - tasted like Murphy's with a Special Brew top.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Spanish Day. What does it DO?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Going to Fuengirola tomorrow for a few days so will be sampling some of their beer whatever brew they have there.

Carlsberg, Heineken & Stella, are the top local choices, I do believe.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Check out the HUGE random bull on the hillside. Quality bizarre.

They are all over Spain.

I understand they are an old advertising hoardings. Now banned because of their size but the authorities allowed the bulls to stay.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pre-match entertainment to be provided by a duet of Sylvia & Monserrat Caballe, performing a long awaited mash-up of Barcelona and Y Viva España.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
piglets "Tortilla Pie ", Limited Edition, a certainty,
"spanish"or "Sevilla" Orange juice as part of a Meal deal Combo, SAVE 10pts !

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They are all over Spain.

I understand they are an old advertising hoardings. Now banned because of their size but the authorities allowed the bulls to stay.

Ahh. That would explain it then. I thought they had something to do with Red Bull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here