Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Spanish Day"....oh....you're actually serious?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If I remember correctly whenever we try these club-generated special theme days, the team tends to play badly....

Yup , let us forget scarf day or Clappergate.

However I'm quite liking the T-shirts Bruno and Lopez were wearing on the back page of the Argus.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
I am puzzled by reactions.

Last time I went on a (cheap package) holiday to Spain, I found myself surrounded by overweight British men, drinking large quantities of beer, wearing replica football tops and enjoying themselves immensely, freed from the conventions of everyday work and life...

I expect this day to be a huge success

I am being treated to a 1901 experience tomorrow so will be above it all anyway.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I am puzzled by reactions.

Last time I went on a (cheap package) holiday to Spain, I found myself surrounded by overweight British men, drinking large quantities of beer, wearing replica football tops and enjoying themselves immensely, freed from the conventions of everyday work and life...

I expect this day to be a huge success

I am being treated to a 1901 experience tomorrow so will be above it all anyway.

:lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Bringing the gf, who has a cupboard full of fancy dress bits n bobs from years gone by/kids etc. So feck it we're donning a bit of Spanish getup. You lot meanwhile were obviously just too kool for skool. Besides, I quite fancy a Dali moustache! We shall be smiling while others are moaning about how sad it is, cheers!

You are CRAZY

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
"Everton-branded hand-clappers." , paella and god forbid a "a special playlist of tracks in the Fan Zone, selected by supporters via the Club's official social networking platforms" were on offer at Everton's Spanish Day last weekend for the Chelsea match. Everton's manager who has lived in England for 18 years was quite keen on it. Hand clappers obviously ruined the 1-0 triumph and i'm sure the marketing fellas are getting it in the neck from the hardcore Toffees.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/09/12/martinez-enjoy-the-fiesta

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Gentlemen, sorry señors, Brighton expects every man to do his duty. So get your bloody moustaches on a quit moaning like an Andalusian old mama who has picked olives for past eighty years. Not as if our eu subsidy has been cut off is it?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Didn't indulge personally but well done to all those who did, it raised a lot of smiles and that can't be a bad thing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
There were 5 police (4 male; 1 female) outside the ground after the game on Saturday - chatting and laughing. Lots of Bolton fans were still about - many stayed for a beer and some even wandered down to the shop on the way to the station.

There were a good few adults in various forms of "Spanish" dress and hundreds of kids (boys and girls) having a great time.

There were no obscene chants: no fights: everyone was acting sensibly and enjoying the day and the atmosphere - whilst very different from the heyday of football hooliganism in the 70's - gave real hope for the future of football as a family entertainment without fear and without the sort of (frankly disgusting) imprinting of mindless hatred and thuggery we saw from Millwall fans recently.

I am no fan of fancy dress and would once have said it had no place at a football match but I have to say well done to the club for a job well done.

The future looks potentially very healthy

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Spanish Day was excellent.

Colour and Cruzcampo.

Hope we do it next year and more dress up as Mexican bandits again :lolol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sounds like a similar thing Boston Red Sox did recently.

A lot of their players have beards so they did a promotion where if you wore a beard, you got in for $1.

People of all backgrounds bearded up and had a great day.

And they are one of the worlds most famous sporting organisations on the planet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well done to the club for an excellent day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here