Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Spanish Day"....oh....you're actually serious?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Si alguien quieren palabras de Espanol para aprender, puedo dar recomendaciones, para ejempo - Oye Ulloa, eres un chulo!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
@%1;
Si alguien quieren palabras de Espanol para aprender, puedo dar recomendaciones, para ejempo - Oye Ulloa, eres un chulo!

Oi Palace stop sweet talking our main man. Que conyo eres :smile:

Although I'm assuming you are suggesting he is cute rather than a pimp :wink:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
...and one racist

Just the one? Was there a purging of the forum that I missed?

Not having a go at you though, I think you're on the money with any and all criticisms of that particular poster. I wonder if he's in the "England band", constantly banging that same drum with a stark lack of originality and ideas.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Maybe those that are so embarrassed would like to give their tickets to fans who might enjoy a game with a colourful crowd. The things Albion fans moan about these days, ****ing pathetic

Is ok with you if i just turn up to watch a game of football?
Without dressing up or bringing a Spainish flag.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's the bit many seem to struggle with.
It's hard to watch the game when you've twisted your knickers so much over parking, transport, catering, stewards and Barber-out.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Without dressing up or bringing a Spainish flag.

Can you do it without moaning or looking down your nose at those who want to join in with a bit of harmless fun?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If I remember correctly whenever we try these club-generated special theme days, the team tends to play badly....

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm fully expecting a post-match meltdown from angry 1901 diners as they're presented with Fish 'n' Chips for €30 (with a cheeky small glass of tepid Liebfraumilch for an extra €10). Lovely stuff.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm fully expecting a post-match meltdown from angry 1901 diners as they're presented with Fish 'n' Chips for €30 (with a cheeky small glass of tepid Liebfraumilch for an extra €10). Lovely stuff.

Atleast there's continuity throughout the Spanish theme. :clap:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can you do it without moaning or looking down your nose at those who want to join in with a bit of harmless fun?

Yes is the correct answer, i like watching football and have done since my dad took me to The Goldstone in 1972,
We didnt feel the need to dress up then or do i now
Proper football fan.
Jog on!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes is the correct answer, i like watching football and have done since my dad took me to The Goldstone in 1972,
Proper football fan.
Jog on!

I agree with you, I won't be dressing up but I have no problem if others want to. I just don't understand the over reaction from some should people choose to go along with it, it's not like it's compulsory.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just hope all the sanctimonious hand wringers steer well clear of the Spanish pies, beer, entertainment.
The amount of guff written here better not be followed by:-

'well those bits were pretty cool'.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I just hope all the sanctimonious hand wringers steer well clear of the Spanish pies, beer, entertainment.
The amount of guff written here better not be followed by:-

'well those bits were pretty cool'.

If there's not a huge long tapas bar with free Sherry the entire length of W3 then I'm out.

Plus Enrique singing 'Hero' at half time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If there's not a huge long tapas bar with free Sherry the entire length of W3 then I'm out.

You'd think people would rather gouge their own eyes out than sample patatas bravas with chorizo or huevos a la flamenca, washed down with a drop of sherry from Jerez de la Frontera. (not that that's going to happen).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Proper football fan.
Jog on!

Is that back in the day when racism and violence was par for the course too?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bringing the gf, who has a cupboard full of fancy dress bits n bobs from years gone by/kids etc. So feck it we're donning a bit of Spanish getup. You lot meanwhile were obviously just too kool for skool. Besides, I quite fancy a Dali moustache! We shall be smiling while others are moaning about how sad it is, cheers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here