Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Spanish Day"....oh....you're actually serious?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe those that are so embarrassed would like to give their tickets to fans who might enjoy a game with a colourful crowd. The things Albion fans moan about these days, ****ing pathetic

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The negativity on this forum astounds me. I know these days it is the hip/cool thing to hate all things that the board and Barber do but I just feel it is getting ridiculous. This is something which by the sounds of it a lot of you don't have any more, and that is fun. Remember that, fun. Just harmless fun.

As people have said, I remember Newcastle had a French day in honour of Ben Arfa and Cabeye so we are not the only club doing it. If you do take part, good for you. It has been a tricky few months for the club and hopefully we have now put it behing us, so why not go along and enjoy the day and whip out your sombrero. And if you don't want to take part, that is absolutely fine. Just enjoy the match against Bolton and hopefully we get the 3 points. But you don't have to moan about it, call the club tin pot and use it as another excuse for Barber's head.

It's the Internet. Gives a voice to negative types who in the old days would just be sad loner types sat at the bar wittering on but mostly everyone would ignore. Younger people wouldn't waste their time doing this but the Internet does seem to have made many old in this respect! There's a whole generation of kids who get a kick out of moaning on social media, often viciously. Desperately sad waste time and energy. But they can't help themselves, it's an addiction every bit as bad as alcohol and drugs really.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2 days in and I still don't understand how people can be so rabidly hostile to the idea.

It's not great but jeeez it's not like we are doing away with the stripes or re-branding to Brighton Palace.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
And your a prat, making a comment like that about someone you don't know from Adam. If people really take a dislike for someone based on the fact they don't agree with there views. That says a lot more about you than it does myself.

I think you will find that most people have made their mind up about you from the posts you have made.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am dressing up,how about this cheeky little number...

download (4).jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really can't see what the problem is, and I won't be dressing up.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think you will find that most people have made their mind up about you from the posts you have made.

Like I said, people who form opinions about others based over views typed out over a keyboard are a bit sad really. Funny though, people don't give me half as much stick since Poyet showed his true colors, but then I suppose that would be a bit difficult....On the subject of most people, there are very few people who express a original opinion, most are just sheep who follow the crowd....Where do you fit in???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe those that are so embarrassed would like to give their tickets to fans who might enjoy a game with a colourful crowd. The things Albion fans moan about these days, ****ing pathetic

I'll have a ticket if there's some going free :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And your a prat, making a comment like that about someone you don't know from Adam. If people really take a dislike for someone based on the fact they don't agree with there views. That says a lot more about you than it does myself.

Your racism is there on record for all to see. It's not about agreeing with your views, your views are obvious and odious.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Your racism is there on record for all to see. It's not about agreeing with your views, your views are obvious and odious.

Racism??? You should be careful using words like that. When have I ever been racist??? I didn't dislike Poyet for any other reason, other than those I've stated in the past. Nothing to do with anything other than I thought he was not a very nice person, which to be honest came across in his interviews, if you bothered to look and listen close enough.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Racism??? You should be careful using words like that. When have I ever been racist??? I didn't dislike Poyet for any other reason, other than those I've stated in the past. Nothing to do with anything other than I thought he was not a very nice person, which to be honest came across in his interviews, if you bothered to look and listen close enough.

I have seen lots of your posts where you say you don't like foreign managers, and your post previously on this thread is having a dig at the Spanish contingent. I have accused you of racist views in the past so don't act all surprised now.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I have seen lots of your posts where you say you don't like foreign managers, and your post previously on this thread is having a dig at the Spanish contingent. I have accused you of racist views in the past so don't act all surprised now.

I don't like foreign managers in the championship, I think you need experience of the league. Nothing against foreign managers in general. As for the coments about the Spanish players and their injury records, I think Vicente, Bruno and Orlandi is a very good case in my defence, don't you??? Or do you think they are real troopers who you can always count on to pick themselves up, dust themselves down and roll their sleeves up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Like I said, people who form opinions about others based over views typed out over a keyboard are a bit sad really. Funny though, people don't give me half as much stick since Poyet showed his true colors, but then I suppose that would be a bit difficult....On the subject of most people, there are very few people who express a original opinion, most are just sheep who follow the crowd....Where do you fit in???

Baaaaa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here