"Spanish Day"....oh....you're actually serious?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I read last night that Everton are doing a 'Spanish Day' this weekend, so its not just us coming up with these ideas. I really don't understand why everyone is getting so worked up over this...there'll be some people that join in - the majority probably wont - so what's the big deal?! Go along to the game, enjoy the football, and have a giggle at some of those dressing up for a bit of fun....jeez, some people on here take things WAY too seriously.

This!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm not coming dressed as anything...Although I am going to stand at the entrance to the West Upper and make it REALLY difficult for people to enter the stadium

Ah, but with one swoop of my matadors clock you will be swayed left as I evade to the right and leave you looking like a bull with no horns...I look forward to our duel, señor...;)

How about the 1901'ers are made to run through the North Stand concourse while being pelted with ripe tomatoes?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The whole thing should be preceded by an homage to the St Fermin festival in Pamplona, where anyone who thinks a Spanish Day is a good idea and sticks up for it on here gets harangued and goaded by other Albion fans wearing scarves (exclusively on sale in the club shop), all the way from Brighton station down Lewes Road until they reach the Amex. And they'd call it "the running of the bullsh1tters".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ah, but with one swoop of my matadors clock you will be swayed left as I evade to the right and leave you looking like a bull with no horns...I look forward to our duel, señor...;)

Now that IS an original idea

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
im going to be wearing a cockring

i am fairly convinced that it is spanishish

i shall be in gloryhole trap 1 Northstand (half time) if anyone feels the need to chastise me

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If people really want to get into the Spanish thing, they could turn up and pretend to be injured. That would fit in with most of the Spanish players we have had.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
The negativity on this forum astounds me. I know these days it is the hip/cool thing to hate all things that the board and Barber do but I just feel it is getting ridiculous. This is something which by the sounds of it a lot of you don't have any more, and that is fun. Remember that, fun. Just harmless fun.

As people have said, I remember Newcastle had a French day in honour of Ben Arfa and Cabeye so we are not the only club doing it. If you do take part, good for you. It has been a tricky few months for the club and hopefully we have now put it behing us, so why not go along and enjoy the day and whip out your sombrero. And if you don't want to take part, that is absolutely fine. Just enjoy the match against Bolton and hopefully we get the 3 points. But you don't have to moan about it, call the club tin pot and use it as another excuse for Barber's head.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If people really want to get into the Spanish thing, they could turn up and pretend to be injured. That would fit in with most of the Spanish players we have had.

You really are a tedious odious little man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports