Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get the impression being in the North East corner, I wasn't in the right position to see the best of Dave.

I'm glad I have just enough sense to not properly wade in.

Dec 29, 2011
I get the impression being in the North East corner, I wasn't in the right position to see the best of Dave.

I'm glad I have just enough sense to not properly wade in.

I was in WS and he was very good in the first half, and nothing special in the second half. So if you were in the NS it's likely you missed his good first half play and only saw his average second half play :)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Would be a top player if he had pace, but he doesn't and won't. Wingers generally need pace in order to succeed.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Really? Do you honestly think that?

Yep, a wideman who can't dribble and can't run. What's the point.

Someone in this thread has described him as "dynamic". What does that even mean? Talk about clutching at straws. He might have played for Bilbao, but it might as well have been Burgess Hill. He's pony.

D

Deleted member 18477

I thought David had a fairly decent game.

The amount of times I heard 'he's got no pace', 'he's too slow' etc. David Beckham had no pace. There is more than one way to beat a man. Passing round someone is quicker than running round someone. But because we have no decent headerer of the ball his 'skill' is wasted on us. He's not wank, he's just not effective for us. Will he ever be? Only Poyet can control that...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I thought David had a fairly decent game.

The amount of times I heard 'he's got no pace', 'he's too slow' etc. David Beckham had no pace. There is more than one way to beat a man. Passing round someone is quicker than running round someone. But because we have no decent headerer of the ball his 'skill' is wasted on us.

If only we had a target man...

Oh wait, Gus is completely incapable of signing one, having refused to pay our only one (and best forward) wages that our poor Croydon rivals could afford, meaning we no longer have one either.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Looked good to me, faded a bit in the second half.

The system and formation are the problem.

I would like to see a 442:

Thomas K

Bruno Greer El Abd Bridge

Lopez Bridcutt Croft Buckley/Barnes

Doobie/Barnes
CMS

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350857235.491816.jpg

He has been seen doing nothing on the pitch that's because he is sitting in WSL regularly.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Yep, a wideman who can't dribble and can't run. What's the point.

Someone in this thread has described him as "dynamic". What does that even mean? Talk about clutching at straws. He might have played for Bilbao, but it might as well have been Burgess Hill. He's pony.

Yawn.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
is it just me that thinks when we play at home we need to go for it from the start, drop a midfielder, have two out and out wingers on the pitch and go for the jugular from the off. have two actual strikers on the pitch who actually play up front. when we play with tempo we are untouchable, the problem is we only play like that when 1 down and 15 minutes to go.

Dont Palace play with 2 wingers at the moment?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Coincidentally, I was going to start a thread on this subject and I log on and this is at the very top. I think he's below average and adds nothing to the side. Why he is getting starts I really don't know. I think I'd rather see Ryan Harley start.

Same goes for Dean Hammond who was good for 2 or 3 games but has been utterly shithouse ever since.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
is it just me that thinks when we play at home we need to go for it from the start, drop a midfielder, have two out and out wingers on the pitch and go for the jugular from the off. have two actual strikers on the pitch who actually play up front. when we play with tempo we are untouchable, the problem is we only play like that when 1 down and 15 minutes to go.

Dont Palace play with 2 wingers at the moment?

And should we play towards the North Stand in the first half to get the lead we desparately need

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am right in thinking we've had more than 1 player saying, after training, words to the effect of:-

'If you think Vicente is world class you ain't seen nothing yet'.

All the while Bruno was ripping the division up.

If I'm wrong then this whole thread is based on a lie.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Spanish Dave isn't a player who uses pace, he's more about intricate passing and playing people in. If he's going to play it should be part of the three in midfield.

I thought on Saturday he looked like a tidy player but because of the nature of his game he was quite deep on the ball which meant he wasn't a big attacking threat. I'd rather see Buckley wide and Lopez though the middle from midfield

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here