Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - Would You Welcome Him Back?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
A spectacularly awful second season with the Albion. Too slow, lazy, weak in the tackle and seemingly disinterested for most of that campaign.

Let's all remember the good memories ie the first season huh?

Can I remember two passes he made at home to Leicester in his second as well please? They were the highlights of that match. But, yes, second season generally not brilliant.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We have the wrong manager in place for it to even be contemplated.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
I don't understand why anyone would. Loads of people have an obsession with bringing him and especially Orlandi back, ignoring the fact they were released because they were both poor towards the end of their careers here, and have both since got older and slower. It would be a disaster.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If he's good enough, yes. If not, which I suspect, then no. I'll let the club decide though...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think this is a very carefully worded thread title.

The question is not 'would you want him back', the question is, 'would you welcome him back'.

If he has been signed, then of course I would welcome him back, as I hope everyone would. Would I want him back is a different question entirely.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think this is a very carefully worded thread title.

The question is not 'would you want him back', the question is, 'would you welcome him back'.

If he has been signed, then of course I would welcome him back, as I hope everyone would. Would I want him back is a different question entirely.

A good point Bold Seagull, and if I'm honest I hadn't taken that into account. However, I still wouldn't welcome him as it would be an indication we are going backwards and scraping the barrel.

If he came back for an interview on the pitch at half-time, then 'yes' I would welcome him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes I'd love him back. Could easily fill in as a squad member. Not sure about first 11 though.

Well if he isn't going to make the starting line up, what's the point of signing him at all? If we have any intention of trying to make the play-offs, we won't do that by signing just average players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here