Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave signed for Espanyol

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Spanish Dave had serious interest from Forest, and some from Reading.

He hasn't signed for either yet. Could it be his agent wants to drag this out as long as possible to try and get a more lucrative contract ???

And we decided not to play the game above ???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I posted this on another thread a few days ago, but I think it's relevant here too:-

and yet if u read the article in the argus last week from dave ....there were no offers from other clubs or in fact talks...he wanted to wait until the managers situation was resolved ...and again according to the argus OG wanted him

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Apparently OG has been so pleased with Solly March, that he wants to try and blood him in the first team, rather than the wages of Spanish Dave. Thanks for the memories but we need to trust OG.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cycling up the mountain did not help :jester:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I love the guy but if he didn't sign it after a month of it being on the table then it's not really the club's fault, and the "come and get me" statement reeks of his agent trying to strong-arm the club into improved terms by appealing to the fans.

I'd have loved him to have signed the contract that was offered, but he didn't. The club can't keep the offer on the table forever, they need to make alternative plans if left hanging.

Agree, we have got to send out a strong message to agents when they are dealing with us, I like take it or leave it stance.

The trouble is when you set a deadline for signing, the agents will always use it. To my mind it was left beyond a reasonable time and that is the unspoken deadline.

Someone said on here the other week that OG was so impressed with March that he felt he could do the Lopez job, and judging by his corner for Ulloa to score against Sporting, he looks like a good prospect and with younger legs.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Spanish Dave had serious interest from Forest, and some from Reading.

He hasn't signed for either yet. Could it be his agent wants to drag this out as long as possible to try and get a more lucrative contract ???

And we decided not to play the game above ???

And at the last minute he will 'fold' (after some more bluffing from his agent in the press) and sign for Tony Bloom's Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here