Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - MOTM for me

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lopez and Orlandi were on a different planet to how they played against Leicester,so glad to see them firing again.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Orlandi for me. Barnes and Spanish Dave were superb as well. Mind you Bridge looked good and Bridcutt as ever put in a great shift.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I dunno about anyone else but for me David Lopez was MOTM. Had a great game and was involved in practically every goal. Very intelligent passing and he controlled the game from midfield.

Great for Barnes to be named as MOTM but for me it was Lopez all the way.

Also, was good to see Bruno come on and play well.

Dave all the way, he assists, he scores, he breaks, he defends, he runs the midfield. Yes barnes scored two, but missed a sitter when the keeper missed kicked and looked slow to start with, thats not saying he didn't have a great game.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Barnes was the MOM for me today, his allround play was great but that was because he is playing where he should and not on the wing or in midfield

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Barnes deserved motm for me. Excellent all round performance and an indication that if he played more often as a centre forward, he'd be rated a bit more highly by more people. Not that he'll get in ahead of Ulloa.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Great team performance everything clicked. But yes David Lopez had an awesome game, shading MoM from Barnes & Orlandi for me

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
We were blessed with the good version of Barnesy today, we see it so rarely, however he shouldn't have hit motm he owed us that performance.

I preferred Upson or Calde for motm today.

Dave again was great in the most part, not for the whole game but maybe we hold him to a higher standard.
I felt Orlandi didn't run as fast as he'd could into gaps & channels, didn't get past the player like we know he can, probably tired.

All had great games but u can't help Wonder if some performances would wash against decent opposition.

Personally I think Hammond's wondering is messing up the passing. He floats out wide and when doesn't get the ball he doesn't track back enough. We've got enough wingers we need Deano to cover the ground up and down the middle: box to box
If that was happening Dave and Orlandi would have made less mistakes cos Deano would always be available.

However, on reflexion it was all comfortably enough today, it was awesome and sunny!

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Barnes deserved MOTM for me, but it could have easily been Orlandi, Upson or Spanish Dave.

Great to have a game where you have many players performing brilliantly, if we keep this up - theres no reason we cant be promoted.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Many of them could have been MoM ... Bridcutt - was terrific!

But I thought Barnes played very very well - anyone notice his pass out to Buckley for the build up for the first goal? Took his two goals well, and although he could have had a hattrick, that shanked clearance from the keeper took and age to come down, by which time he'd been closed down a bit... I thought.

So many great moments... the run and Messi-like curling shot into the goal by Buckley for the first... the little flick by Lopez for Orlandi to score the third... the layoff by Barnes for Lopez to score the fourth... The spin and cross by Lua Lua for the fifth goal ... not to mention Hammond's diving header(!)

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The whole team played well. Every single one of them, which bodes well ....
And what a Team. And lovely to have a striker back and refreshed who gets 2 goals as 2 assists.
A great day.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
SPanish Dave ran the show in midfield, but I would've given MOM to Upson who didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Vicente for me, his star jumps when warming up in the first half were on a different planet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here