Votes: 114 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 123 51.9%

• Total voters

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
this
at the time from my view in the north I thought it was clear cut foul and booking, having seen it he was embarrassing and everything I hate about football. hope he never does it again.

My thoughts exactly. From up in the ESU I was raving for Ameobi to sent off but after seeing the replay of the foul which, upon second viewing, wasn't all that really, I do think it was a harsh booking.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
If other clubs do it, I don't see why we shouldn't. If you can't beat 'em, join them. We're not talking about some god awful crime here, we're talking about a bit of play acting. It got Beckham sent off in 98, and if I was an Argie :)sick:) I'd be happy about that. In the end, all that ever matters is the result. The Argies won the WC in 86, and no one cares about the hand of god. If Lopez did that against Palace and got them down to 10, I'd be well happy.

That's where we differ then, would rather we play fair myself

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
My thoughts exactly. From up in the ESU I was raving for Ameobi to sent off but after seeing the replay of the foul which, upon second viewing, wasn't all that really, I do think it was a harsh booking.

A nothing foul! You need glasses. David Lopez at 1.81m and 75 kg vShola Ameobi at 1.91 and 95kg, a whopping 44 lbs heavier. He just runs into him, long after the ball has gone, with Ameobi's knee catching Lopez just above his right knee. Remember when you were a kid and someone gave you a deadleg! Lopez rolled more than he should but it was a senseless foul and even if Lopez hadn't rolled once, it was a clearcut booking.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A nothing foul! You need glasses. David Lopez at 1.81m and 75 kg vShola Ameobi at 1.91 and 95kg, a whopping 44 lbs heavier. He just runs into him, long after the ball has gone, with Ameobi's knee catching Lopez just above his right knee. Remember when you were a kid and someone gave you a deadleg! Lopez rolled more than he should but it was a senseless foul and even if Lopez hadn't rolled once, it was a clearcut booking.

From the replay I saw Ameobi barely clip Dave and then he made a meal of it and got the booking. Fair enough if you see it differently, I'm not going to argue; it's done and we came out of the game with a great result.

As for glasses, been wearing them for 22 years, doesn't change my opinion on an unfair sending off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I will be a loser looking down upon you from my elevated position of the moral highground though :smile:
Unfortunately, we're both stuck with Brighton, so either I'll be happy we're cheating and winning (see game vs Newcastle) or you'll be happy we're losing, but playing fair (see games vs Palace).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I love Dave, be he cheated, he rolled over twice, looked up to see if the ref had seen it, then rolled over again for good measure. It was a bit embarrassing as the camera was right on him.

He tried to get his opponent booked and sent off by exaggeration i.e cheating.

This.

Wasn't it MARVELOUS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here