Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish-Dave-2 What-exactly-does-he-do-!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
He took up some great positions, on defenders shoulders and in space, but was frequently disappointed when he wasn't played in ??? WHY don't we play balls into the channels now and again? Does EVERYTHING have to go wide? :ohmy:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
He took up some great positions, on defenders shoulders and in space, but was frequently disappointed when he wasn't played in ??? WHY don't we play balls into the channels now and again? Does EVERYTHING have to go wide? :ohmy:

It was like watching CMS making those same runs and the ball not going forward quick enough.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Oscar & Jonesy were going mad when Rodney was making runs and no one was hitting the channel balls. Think they'll be working on that next week.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
On the one showing I think he looks an improvement on what we had Stevens on the other hand had a solid game but angain this is only on the one showing did not look like much of an improvement

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
On the one showing I think he looks an improvement on what we had Stevens on the other hand had a solid game but angain this is only on the one showing did not look like much of an improvement

Agree, although I think Stephens will grow into it. Just want Oscar to keep that team together now for a few games, get a bit of consistency and togetherness, and give the few that need it that match sharpness. A promising start that can be built on.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
How fast is he, to give me an accurate idea what sort of animal could he out run?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hes ****ing brilliant

Rodríguez Sánchez reminded me of David Beckham's debut at the Goldstone. His skill his just ****ing ridiculous!

All teams have just have gotta watch this player !!!!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'm sure Rodrigeezer could out run a John Terry in terms of animals.

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009
Very promising debut for a player who has hardly played competitive footie for a few months and so tired at the end with cramp. A genuine two footer is very unusual and creates further problems for defence as he can go either side with comfort. Virgs on radio was right re Solly needing to improve on right foot esp as a left footie playing on right. I think Rodders could prove a real handful if we get the ball in the channel early. Doncaster played a real high line - the opposite of most teams who sit deep against us. We weren't prepared for that and I think struggled to change our style in getting balls over the top of full backs for our wide players who have pace.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Was very impressed with him - lets hope he starts to find the net too

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So have we got an option in his contract for next season or not ? ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Stevens on the other hand had a solid game but angain this is only on the one showing did not look like much of an improvement

He just needs to time his runs better like Crofts did. If he arrived later at the far post a few times he might have got a couple of goals.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We need the defence and midfield to look up a few secs earlier and ping the ball to Rodders out wide.

He got in some great position yesterday but was not spotted.

Once we got that right, and with his pace, I can see him getting a hat full of assist and chiping in with a few goals.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is not good at all. An almost entirely positive thread about one of our players. I suppose the usual boo boys haven't noticed him yet - once they realise it's not Buckley the moaning can start.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Very promising debut for a player who has hardly played competitive footie for a few months and so tired at the end with cramp. A genuine two footer is very unusual and creates further problems for defence as he can go either side with comfort. Virgs on radio was right re Solly needing to improve on right foot esp as a left footie playing on right. I think Rodders could prove a real handful if we get the ball in the channel early. Doncaster played a real high line - the opposite of most teams who sit deep against us. We weren't prepared for that and I think struggled to change our style in getting balls over the top of full backs for our wide players who have pace.

Well spotted, the high line which even caught Ward offside for the goal. The lino wasn't up with play though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here