Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spain v Putin’s Empire (BBC1)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Would be really surprised if most of the Russian players hadn't drug cheated in the past couple of years. Come on Spain.

If they are drug cheats, it’s not working, lowest FIFA ranking in years, and lowest of any WC finalists. They’ve won 8 games in their last 30.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
This is a rather boring game, I hope it doesn't go to extra time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I know I would rather Spain out

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

This is Stalingrad all over again, plucky under resourced Russia hanging on against a superior enemy and hoping to wear them down bit by bit.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Only just got in - delighted that it's gone to extra time.

Does Russia deserve a draw so far?
Are Spain looking shit?

Russia deserve nothing but Spain don't know how to get through their defensive wall and haven't really had many attempts either.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kilbane said Spain need to replicate the tactics used in Wales 3-0 win over Russia two years ago, running at pace from deep.

But all three of the Wales goals were counter attacks, against a chaotic Russian defence pushed up between the centre circle and penalty box.

Today Russia have gone for a 10 or 11 man deep defence, conceding territory and possession, and not minding that.

The best way to beat Russia today, would be at set pieces with a mob of heading giants (Kane, Maguire, Henderson, Stones, Alli) running in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here