Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain or Italy?

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
For me, Italy all the way. Spain have bored the arse of me, always looking for a 1-0 win or penalties, with little effort spent on attack and constant pointless passing, (yes I know it sounds familiar!).
Italy have mixed it up and great to see Balotelli being used with the long ball, just proving that both styles of play play work and variety is the spice of life - hopefully a lesson for the Spanish tomorrow night.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Italy, getting bored of Spain winning everything

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Italy - as said before, can't have Spain making footballing history by winning three back-to-back international titles.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
For me, Italy all the way. Spain have bored the arse of me, always looking for a 1-0 win or penalties, with little effort spent on attack and constant pointless passing, (yes I know it sounds familiar!).
Italy have mixed it up and great to see Balotelli being used with the long ball, just proving that both styles of play play work and variety is the spice of life - hopefully a lesson for the Spanish tomorrow night.

Italy, the Spanish are cheating cnuts who dive all over the pitch

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I'll always support Italy second in internationals, so them. Really surprised me how they played really decent stuff at times.

I think if David Villa was fit, Spain would have been a much more interesting watch. Torres and Negredo haven't been brilliant outlets.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Spain for me.

Although I've won more money on Italy throughout the tournament, I've got some sub-conscious dislike for them for some reason. Maybe the alleged match-fixing in Serie A or the arrogance of Mario Balotelli, I don't know. Spain have played quite defensive in this tournament but they have some quality attacking players and I think that'll make the difference, especially if Fernando Torres plays a part tomorrow.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Italy for me - Spain cheat & dive more than Italy ever did and Italy now seem to play a decent mix of passing long and short that is far more interesting to watch than the Spanish short version which only is really effective when they come up against weak or tactically naive teams.

Piro is amazing, totally contols the game and those passes...........

I should add that I normally hate Italy except (and this is one of those times) when they have class players and especially when most of the squad play within their own countries leagues

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This country hates winners. Spain for me.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Definitely Italy. A lot more variety in their play makes for a more entertaining team.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Italy for me as I have them in the work sweepstake already got £25.00 for getting to the final but can double that if they win.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Enjoyed watching Italy and Pirlo has been the best player so I think they deserve to win. In all honesty though I just want a cracking game, not that bothered who wins.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
would love to see italy win it,espcially buffon raising the cup,what a fantastic keeper he is

pirlo & balotelli have been very impressive this tournament,but i also think cassano is a cracking little player

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Spain all day long to rightly claim the title of best ever team. Funny that people are now backing the notoriously boring Italians by claiming the are some sort of excitement merchants. Other than the Germany game where have the Italians provided any entertainment?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here