Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Spain Covid Advise

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I am going to spain tomorrow with the family. Does anyone know how strict the spanish authorities are with regards to covid documention at the airport?

We have got our covid passes, but I have also been told that I need to complete a Locator form.

Anyone been recently and can share their experiances.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I am going to spain tomorrow with the family. Does anyone know how strict the spanish authorities are with regards to covid documention at the airport?

We have got our covid passes, but I have also been told that I need to complete a Locator form.

Anyone been recently and can share their experiances.

Went to Lanzarote two weeks ago which counts as Spain I think?? No checks at all anywhere re covid. I guess mainland could be different though

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
Just back from 2 weeks in Lanzarote, on arrival they were carrying out random checks on Covid passes, I got asked to show mine but the missus didn’t, even though she had spent 15 minutes waiting for the NHS app to download her pass!!
No locator for needed, providing all jabbed enough.
Masks still needed on public transport, including taxis, otherwise it was carry on as normal, pre pandemic

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
According to TUI no forms are needed for Spain as long as you are fully jabbed.

98487648-7745-4D52-B0F4-3149143B6D44.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My advice to anyone travelling to Europe is to constantly google "Covid restrictions (country name)".

I did a business trip with a colleague this week to the south of The Netherlands and we went on the Eurostar via Belgium because of issues flying from Gatwick. We'd had a BA flight to Amsterdam cancelled while we were in the departure lounge the week before.

For that flight BA had made us fill in a Dutch Covid form and upload our Covid pass online before we could check in online. Eurostar didn't ask for any of that at the terminal and the pass and form were not checked once anywhere. On the other hand, my colleague didn't have a mask with him, whereas I still had a sealed pack in my backpack just in case. To get home we went from Heerlen to Aachen which crosses the German border and on from there to Brussels. The driver of the train didn't check masks when we got on in The Netherlands but he did a full mask check at the first German station and threw off anyone who didn't have a mask, because they're mandatory on public transport there.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I live in Barcelona, the airport should be hassle free.

Masks are obligatory on all public transport and chemists (health centers) but orher than that stick on some factor 50 sun lotion and enjoy the heatwave!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Menorca.
Random checks by health officials after passport control

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We went to Lanzarote over Easter and had to complete a Spanish health form that generates a barcode in an email however that has now definitely stopped.

Jul 7, 2003
Been to both Barcelona and Madrid recently. UK NHS app is fine, if not, just download the Spanish Tourist Health app. On arrival we had to show one or the other.

BA to Madrid I had to put in information online before I could check in online.

Masks needed on the flights but bizarrely, not in the airports. Also needed on public transport and taxis.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Just back from Tenerife, just showed the Covid pass but it wasnt scanned or checked. Didn't need to fill in any forms. Easyjet said we needed to wear masks but no more than 25% bothered.

All very easy. Gatwick was pretty good today too.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Malaga end of May. Vuelling had mandatory mask wearing on plane, with everyone complying. Airport checked COVID pass on arrival. NHS app was fine. As said before mask wearing on all buses, taxis and chemists.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Menorca last week. We had locator form checked in menorca on arrival and needed COVID pass to get on the plane at Gatwick

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Flew to Barcelona 2 weeks ago, Vueling as mentioned enforced face masks on the plane. After landing there were random people asking to see covid passes and sending you one of 2 ways, I believe the people without passes were being temp checked and those with passes were free to carry on.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I was only only person in my party of 4 who got asked if I had had the vaccine. I said yes and was waved through.

Thanks for everyone's response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here