The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Yes, I saw it too
AND184.jpg

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
I was in Oz six years or so ago staying at Ayers Rock and they do a trip a short way out into the bush to the observatory.

As you can imagine its pitch black out there with no light pollution and the stars and night-sky of the southern hemisphere were absolutely amazing!

After half an hour or so some thing silver flashed across the sky and the leader of the ´expedition´ explained that it was the ISS with the sun reflecting off its silver coating - pretty amazing stuff at the time!!

Though I suppose you had to be there!!! :lolol:

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
No idea how you worked that out from that link :dunce: but i shall be out in the garden tonight - are we looking to see another west to east pass then? (Patrick Moore I am not!).

yup - nice & clear over Brighton at the moment so should be good viewing

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
This is footage of a non-runner Space Shuttle...

I think there's a crack in the distributor cap :lol:

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9xG0tvWfnA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X9xG0tvWfnA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That was International Space Station-tastic! The other half and I were looking at what was obviously an aeroplane, saying "Is that it?" when the ISS came into view bang on time.
:clap2::clap2:

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Next chance is in a few mins..
21.41 to 21.47
Rising in the West, going over the top and setting in the East.
-I wonder if its dark enough?

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Next chance is in a few mins..
21.41 to 21.47
Rising in the West, going over the top and setting in the East.
-I wonder if its dark enough?

I stuck my head out but its far too cloudy tonight over Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here