Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Tunnel is "secret military installation"

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
That's the whole point I DON'T

Read all of my posts and there will be more questions or opinions than things i actually know.

Notice how you never even bothered to ask me HOW i know either. You just prefer to BULLY people first.
I'd hardly call it bullying, are you are really that sensitive ? So go on then how do you know, were you in MI5 prior to being a steward ?

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Surely only MOD contractors would know for sure?
Its not going to be written on the design drawings in large letters is it!!! Very unlikely they would disclose that information to people working on the project if they were building a top secret bunker. Actually make that NO CHANCE they would disclose that info!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Surely only MOD contractors would know for sure?
Its not going to be written on the design drawings in large letters is it!!! Very unlikely they would disclose that information to people working on the project if they were building a top secret bunker. Actually make that NO CHANCE they would disclose that info!
Exactly !

Exactly !
Exactly not.

When I was involved in this sort of thing, I was always rather surprised at the amount of war-planning information that was shared between the military and civilian authorities.

That's mainly because bunkers are essentially installations for post-attack CIVIL government activities.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Secret military bunker? Bollocks. The guy they interviewed is superb, completely off his trolley - changing "shifts" and getting in food for the canteen? He reckons the lights are on at strange times - which is more than can be said for his own personal lights.....

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Exactly not.

When I was involved in this sort of thing, I was always rather surprised at the amount of war-planning information that was shared between the military and civilian authorities.

That's mainly because bunkers are essentially installations for post-attack CIVIL government activities.
But..... the Argus article clearly states Top secret MILITARY installation not civil. Listen my Lord, I don't really believe for one minute it's true, but my point is no one really knows for sure do we ;)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
But..... the Argus article clearly states Top secret MILITARY installationnot civil. I don't really believe for one minute it's true, but my point is no one really knows for sure do we ;)

Yes we do.

No it's not.

And like Lord B said, it's never truly, totally military. If it was TOP SECRET, then the Argus would not have found out about it, and even if by some fluke the tin-foil hat brigade tried to get something published, the article would have been squashed under a D-Notice. It's a bloody tunnel, and a slow news day for the Argus.

<<Slams thread with a dull thud, saying "Nothing to see here, move along" in a gruff voice>>

(Well, it seemed to work in the Argus article...)

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Not sensitive at all. Just think you need to ask before accusing people.

And i worked on the tunnel during construction.
Oh I see so that means you know for a FACT that this is all bollocks, maybe just maybe the goverment felt that you weren't quite high enough up the food chain to tell !

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
You cannot build a nuclear bunker between the two bores of the Southwick Tunnel FFS. Because of the thickness of the walls required you would end up with a Nuclear CORRIDOR and because of the tunnels themselves it would be completely exposed. How can people be so gullible:nono:

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Yes we do.

No it's not.

And like Lord B said, it's never truly, totally military. If it was TOP SECRET, then the Argus would not have found out about it, and even if by some fluke the tin-foil hat brigade tried to get something published, the article would have been squashed under a D-Notice. It's a bloody tunnel, and a slow news day for the Argus.

<<Slams thread with a dull thud, saying "Nothing to see here, move along" in a gruff voice>>

(Well, it seemed to work in the Argus article...)
You're missing the point I was picking up steward on his been there, done that, got the T shirt attitude more than everything else. Next you'll be saying that there is no such things as ALIENS !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Not sensitive at all. Just think you need to ask before accusing people.

And i worked on the tunnel during construction.
Plausible denilability:lolol:
Steward can you confirm that area 51 is in fact a secret research facility following the Roswell incident? Or wether the Magestic twelve organisation realy existed?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You're missing the point I was picking up steward on his been there, done that, got the T shirt attitude more than everything else. Next you'll be saying that there is no such things as ALIENS !

Course there are. How else could you explain Dowie and Jordan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here