Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southwick Square - I don't get it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's also got a proper greengrocer (something Shoreham lacks), a baker, a butcher, a hardware store, newsagents etc - It's a classic British high st, I really like it.

This.
The butchers there is superb, I always get my BBQ stuff from there. Handy for the bookies as well. Useful little pet shop for supplies, and the bakers/deli does great fresh rolls. Whats not to like ? Shame Tomorrows World shut down though, I bought many a 2nd hand game from there in my time.

Knew there just had to be some snobbery on this thread though :rolleyes:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This.
The butchers there is superb, I always get my BBQ stuff from there. Handy for the bookies as well. Useful little pet shop for supplies, and the bakers/deli does great fresh rolls. Whats not to like ? Shame Tomorrows World shut down though, I bought many a 2nd hand game from there in my time.

Knew there just had to be some snobbery on this thread though :rolleyes:

Butchers is quality, as is the greengrocer, couple of newsagent/convenience stores that provide good competition to each other. The oriental food shop is unique in the Brighton area I think, throw in a decent fi and chi shop, decent sandwich store, new funky coffee shop, big chemist and what is not to like? Oh, probably the really crap CoOp and the very weird Post Office. It even has TWO high street banks!

All this from me, an historical Mile Oak bloke who has to override the teenage rivalry with Southwick. By the way, according to The Young Ones 'Big Red Book', their definition of place names has Southwick down as a 'left handed waxxer'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here