Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] SOUTHGATE: I'm finally heating up a MASSIVE humble pie.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just seen this :

England's dominant display resulted in them taking 56 touches in the Danish box, a record for any team in any tournament since the data was tracked in 1980, the statisticians OptaJoe have revealed. Raheem Sterling had 15 alone, three times as many as the entire Danish team had in the English area.

...backed up by :

England had 56 touches in the Denmark penalty area last night, a tournament record since this data is available (1980+). Sterling (15), Kane (9) and Mount (7) all had more touches in Denmark's penalty area than the entire Denmark team had in England's (5).

Yeah but we got lucky right? :shrug:

Nah - not lucky. They were just a pub-team - we haven't met anyone good yet.....(etc, etc)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No we ****ing won’t. Stop trying to set up some sort of odd thing. I don’t think we’re favourites Sunday - it means nothing to me absolutely embarrassing you dissecting your nonsense whether we win Sunday or not. Regardless ive enjoyed the ride this excellent team has put on for us all - Sunday proves nothing!You literally WANT us to lose. Oddballl and now on ignore - if you gloat if we lose Sunday you’ll leap from 99% **** to 100% **** - just don’t bother posting on England again - you have an odd agenda and clearly aren’t English.

Not engaging again / you’ve been done and come back with ‘we’ll see who’s right Sunday’ :lol:

What a miserable, negative **** (the other bloke, not you).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What a miserable, negative **** (the other bloke, not you).

I shouldn’t have even engaged but it was so easy dissecting every bit of utter nonsense.

I’d hate to have that negative persona - it must be a horrible existence eh :facepalm:

Sad thing is, there’s a few on here desperate for us to lose who’s ill actually gloat on here. Thankfully this isn’t real life and everyone I come across with a remote interest in football, or even those who have none(!) are loving the ride and supporting the team. To make a final is a fantastic achievement & I’ll never forget this - regardless of the score Sunday :)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I shouldn’t have even engaged but it was so easy dissecting every bit of utter nonsense.

I’d hate to have that negative persona - it must be a horrible existence eh :facepalm:

Sad thing is, there’s a few on here desperate for us to lose who’s ill actually gloat on here. Thankfully this isn’t real life and everyone I come across with a remote interest in football, or even those who have none(!) are loving the ride and supporting the team. To make a final is a fantastic achievement & I’ll never forget this - regardless of the score Sunday :)

Tell me about it. There are those that want England to fail coz they think it makes them cool, and then there’s the miserable gits who paradoxically enjoy being miserable and want everyone else to be miserable as well to make them feel better about their lives.

We get supposed Albion fans on here every time we lose who are the same!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I bet the "oh are England playing ?" brigade who proudly announce their utter indifference during the qualifiers (yawn yawn etc) are all over this now like a tramp on chips.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'd put Denmark on a par with us and we needed to cheat to beat them.

4254551C-34CA-4B88-B73A-3BE09B795370.jpeg

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This DumLum chap is a bit of an odd chap, coming on here to broadcast to everyone his catastrophic ignorance of football, history, tactics, its Laws, and society.

If he thinks Italy beating England on Sunday will magically prove him right, he is even more deluded than the first reading of his posts suggests. For one, one result doesn't prove a manager's worth on its own. The progression of the team over three international tournaments is a far better indicator - a point he either forgot to consider, or didn't have the nous to think to consider it in the first place.

Either way, it does place greater emphasis on his delusion.

He also has no concept of England football history either. Alf Ramsey tinkered with his teams selection for every match during the 1966 and 1970 tournaments. A lot of the time, the players didn't know what tactics they were playing.

England's route to the 1990 semi-final was considered 'easy' once we'd got through the group stage (Jesus, did we make hard work of that?), yet we made a pig's ear getting past the unfancied, and decidedly mediocre Belgium, and the one-geared Cameroon before meeting West Germany. After 90 minutes, we drew five of our seven games.

We did superbly against the Netherlands in the group match in 1996, then made seriously hard work against a dull and unimaginative Spain the quarter-final. Indeed, if VAR has existed, Spain would have won.

The less said about the failures of the so-called 'Golden Generation' the better, irrespective of how lucky each manager was to work with them.

So the notion that Southgate is the 'luckiest' England manager ever is, of course, absolute gibberish, and has no meaning.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
No we ****ing won’t. Stop trying to set up some sort of odd thing. I don’t think we’re favourites Sunday - it means nothing to me absolutely embarrassing you dissecting your nonsense whether we win Sunday or not. Regardless ive enjoyed the ride this excellent team has put on for us all - Sunday proves nothing!You literally WANT us to lose. Oddballl and now on ignore - if you gloat if we lose Sunday you’ll leap from 99% **** to 100% **** - just don’t bother posting on England again - you have an odd agenda and clearly aren’t English.

Not engaging again / you’ve been done and come back with ‘we’ll see who’s right Sunday’ :lol:

Putting somebody on your ignore list for having a different opinion about football :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here